DOI fails again

Two-lane

23 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

As you say, the vehicles should give way.

Sadly there are a lot of Honda Jazz-driving old duffers who are as thick as the proverbial. No doubt it’ll be another of those thick twats who’ve driven at 37 all the way from Ramsey and still drive at 37 turning into a side road.

Hope the pedestrian is OK and the halfwit in the car loses their licence.

Yeah. What we don't need is more Hyundai i10 drivers ripping up the roads. 

• Haha 1

CM Cannan has been on the NPM (MR)  this morning - pre recorded - as no doubt he was under the quilt!  He sounded pathetic really, hardly confident, and as though he has something to hide. He says that a new DOI Minister will be appointed immently, he has had reevaluated his current team. Rearranging deckchairs on the sinking ship? Minister Professor Ashfords return? 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan has been on the NPM (MR)  this morning - pre recorded - as no doubt he was under the quilt!  He sounded pathetic really, hardly confident, and as though he has something to hide. He says that a new DOI Minister will be appointed immently, he has had reevaluated his current team. Rearranging deckchairs on the sinking ship? Minister Professor Ashfords return? 

He hasn’t got many to choose from although Kate & Jane aren’t very visible so maybe they could take on role 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

He hasn’t got many to choose from although Kate & Jane aren’t very visible so maybe they could take on role 

They could but I can’t see either of them being any use in the role and the Department. Both are merely CM Cannans stooges. I can’t see either questioning, probing or standing up to civil servants.

They aren’t going to disagree and do what’s right. In some cases personal ambition within COMIN is very much in control. For all his faults, ex Minister Thomas - like him or loathe him - he was principled to a degree and if he disagreed he stood his ground. Could you picture ex Minister Professor Know it all Ashford disagreeing and arguing? Yes Chief Minister!  

Outside bet - Ann Corlett MHK - invisibility is her specialty, and will be a total pillar of the establishment, and will do whatever is asked without questioning. 

Whilst the new appointment might be immenient, which either suggests it will timed for Mondays news agenda, or at least before the IOMG conference, as CM Cannan will want to be at his dick waving best. 

Edited by 2112

I hear they are fitting a revolving door on the DoI Ministers Office but it's behind schedule and over budget.

CM also mumbling about changes at the DoI. At a guess it'll be dividing it back into Education, Healthcare, Public Housing, Transport, Highways, Ports and Properties (pendulum swings). Each will have a new logo (plent more colours left for the swooshy things) and manxified re-branding along with all new EV fleets while planning a spec built new HQ facility at the IOM Business Park with windymills and sunnyplates.

Of course it'll be on the inside of the TT course thus justifying the need for the Braddan Bridge Flyover project to maintain access year round.

But I'm probably wrong. In a years time we'll be posting on "The (former) DoI wins again" thread.

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

the return of the callister perhaps ????

49 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

planning a spec built new HQ facility at the IOM Business Park with windymills and sunnyplates.

Of course it'll be on the inside of the TT course thus justifying the need for the Braddan Bridge Flyover project to maintain access year round.

Open to correction, as always: but if they built the HQ at the IOM Business Park, that would be outside the TT course - wouldn’t it?

27 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

3FM News...Watterson won't be making any friends within the DOI either then 🤭

Screenshot_20230909-093451_Samsung Internet.jpg

I doubt it, I find Mr Squeaker to be somewhat lazy. He would rather have a prominent role with the opportunity to raid the dressing up box, and to look important. 

• Like 3