DOI fails again

Two-lane

The advantage of breaking up the DoI into smaller departments is that each would need a Chief Executive Officer and a Chief Operating Officer, both requiring deputies, plus several layers of senior managers under them.

It all helps towards the population expansion, which apparently is a good thing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

The advantage of breaking up the DoI into smaller departments is that each would need a Chief Executive Officer and a Chief Operating Officer, both requiring deputies, plus several layers of senior managers under them.

It all helps towards the population expansion, which apparently is a good thing.

The reason to amalgamate it all together was the efficiency of having less layers of management. As you say, dividing it up would inevitably mean more managers. Probably more than there was before it was changed. 

5 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Which departments have a CEO and COO?

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

why didn't the management become fewer, or staff in general become fewer when it was amalgamated?

It was the same pan-government across Brown's "money-saving" Departmental reshuffle following the VAT clawback. Lots of restructuring at great expense but nary a post was lost. Strange that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just thought I would let you know that (presumably) the DoI is hard at work providing much-needed facilities for you (as long as you wear lycra). This is clearly part of the "don't waste money" campaign

This is in the car park at Ramsey Shoprite where the Connect Villages Mini-bus stop (alias the gov. taxi service) is located. There seems to be a pretty substantial concrete plinth installed there, as well as a door. They must have got the idea from somewhere like Holland. Anyone want to start a book on when the door gets kicked in?

x-crop2.thumb.jpg.a234d631f221a60b5acece364df70ff6.jpg

11 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I just thought I would let you know that (presumably) the DoI is hard at work providing much-needed facilities for you (as long as you wear lycra). This is clearly part of the "don't waste money" campaign

This is in the car park at Ramsey Shoprite where the Connect Villages Mini-bus stop (alias the gov. taxi service) is located. There seems to be a pretty substantial concrete plinth installed there, as well as a door. They must have got the idea from somewhere like Holland. Anyone want to start a book on when the door gets kicked in?

I'm not sure it's DOI, RTCs own workforce were doing a lot of the groundwork for the base last week, and it may have been contractors who have supplied and erected it, it may be an RTC installation. I'm just trying to remember how many times I've seen bicycles lying outside Shoprite needing shelter whilst the owners shopped.... 🤔

22 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Save standing in the rain while waiting for the connect bus/taxi.

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm not sure it's DOI, RTCs own workforce were doing a lot of the groundwork for the base last week, and it may have been contractors who have supplied and erected it, it may be an RTC installation

My rates paid for this? I nearly went upper-case there - with two question marks and an exclamation mark.

OK, so it's part of Ramsey's global expansion plan. When the people of Glen Auldyn ask "What's in it for me?" the commissioners say - "When you ride your bicycle into Ramsey and it's raining, you can leave your wet bicycle in this nice covered erection while you spend 10 minutes shopping. The bike will still get wet on the way back, but it's the thought that counts". And their ego.

• Like 1

Bike parking, Dutch style. Who is going to tell Ramsey Commissioners? Does it rain there? See the re-runs of the last F1 race in Holland.

I do not understand the need for covered parking for bicycles. Didn't have it at the school I went to. The only problem area is the saddle. Just give it a wipe-over with your hand and jump on. These are people who pride themselves in saving the planet by riding a bicycle in all weathers, but when stationary the bike has to be covered.

They all must have suede leather, duck-down filled, hand-crocheted saddles.

parking-bicycles-amsterdam-city-netherlands-september-203607424.webp.d181e50101167b7554a9abb921c6636d.webp

46 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

It’s not DOI

Nice rant though.