DOI fails again

Two-lane

21 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Whoop! It’s saved.

thereby missing the point perhaps it shouldn’t be (if it costs a tonne of money to renovate) but proclaiming an emergency demolition without any evidence or due process is very misleading and wrong.

And they don’t understand the disbelief shown by population over anything like this. It’s bordering on criminal and once again pushing through decisions that most are incredulous about. It’s a prime site though and this will have been the driving influence to drop. Wonder what part their pet developer had to do with the process. Good that they have now done a U turn. 

Edited by Numbnuts

19 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

And they don’t understand the disbelief shown by population over anything like this. It’s bordering on criminal and once again pushing through decisions that most are incredulous about. It’s a prime site though and this will have been the driving influence to drop. Wonder what part their pet developer had to do with the process. Good that they have now done a U turn. 

Crookall... taken in again! 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

I don't think Crookall got the memo of who is a senior Minister in Comin. After listening to Keys yesterday, I get the feeling Tim is getting a bit above himself.  If he actually  thinks he is on the same Ministerial level as Hooper, Lord-Brennan and Allison.  Then, I think Cannan seriously needs a word with the chap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

You wonder how much Chris Thomas's dismissal wasn't due to his alleged lack of action on Crogga (where there doesn't seem to have been any more movement since) than his determination to make sure that proper processes were followed in relation to development and its funding.  Clearly this annoyed Alf's property developer mates and they wanted to get rid of the person who they saw as the barrier to them getting hold of all that nice taxpayers money.  So Alf took over and the ever-pliable Crookall was then installed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The cameras can't locate themselves.  

Neither can my wife, but that doesn't stop her turning into Magellan anytime I dare to attempt to take an unsanctioned route. 

Could they not just leave one outside the Caff whilst grabbing some breakfast? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I think we're back to the game where DoI officials compete to find the most implausible piece of nonsense for Crookall to read out in Tynwald.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think we're back to the game where DoI officials compete to find the most implausible piece of nonsense for Crookall to read out in Tynwald.

I can think of a few more things that can be buried under the bye pass,?  not just the coal tar  

30 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It seem that could be a genuine possibility. 

51 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I can think of a few more things that can be buried under the bye pass,?  not just the coal tar  

Would coal tar not contain substances that might contaminate the environment if it's buried there? Or has a cash-strapped Govt found the cheap option for disposal with environmental considerations taking 2nd place?

If this was a private operation you can bet that DEFA would be down on this proposal like a ton of bricks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1