DOI fails again

Two-lane

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Coal Tar is on the World Health Organisations list of essential medicines.

Not sure how close this coal tar is to pharmaceutical coal tar, but it is still used in some treatments, eg for psoriasis, as an antiseptic and also, historically, for some respiratory problems.  Presumably this option has been considered and discounted

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not sure how close this coal tar is to pharmaceutical coal tar, but it is still used in some treatments, eg for psoriasis, as an antiseptic and also, historically, for some respiratory problems.  Presumably this option has been considered and discounted

It's perfect for smelly feet. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it before trying it myself.

6 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it before trying it myself.

I didn't say I would be going down to Ballasalla with a bucket, just that coal tar has some pharmaceutical applications and could this be an option, obviously after extraction and refinement to get the pharmaceutical stuff. 

Can someone explain what the alleged fail with the coal tar is?

A quick google suggests it’s a very normal and accepted way of dealing with it all over Britain, and I would imagine that being on an island makes our other options more limited than elsewhere.

So what’s the issue, or is it just another moan for the sake of moaning?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Can someone explain what the alleged fail with the coal tar is?

A quick google suggests it’s a very normal and accepted way of dealing with it all over Britain, and I would imagine that being on an island makes our other options more limited than elsewhere.

So what’s the issue, or is it just another moan for the sake of moaning?

Yes it came if of one road and into another. What's all the fuss about. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yep, sure it is a good anti fungal.  I quite like the smell (coal tar not fungussy feet), but Wright's Coal Tar soap no longer has the smell. 

Coal tar soap is hard to find now. It's worth noting that the soap contained 0.05mg of coal tar. 

It's been replaced in shampoos with sailicilic acid. Coal tar contains chemicals like phenols and benzene which are highly carcinogenic. Safest place is buried under a bypass.