DOI fails again

Two-lane

40 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it before trying it myself.

The cancer doesn't develop for years so you need a long term assessment

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/coal-tar/common-questions-about-coal-tar/#:~:text=Studies have shown that some,UVB radiation has been reported.

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What did a contractor that's not the DOI leave behind. Was it coal tar?

I didn't know what exactly it was until this story came out today. I had assumed that it was just all the rubble from digging up the road, and had wondered when someone was eventually going to do something about it, there's been a full skip with tote bags piled on top sat there since the job was finished ages ago. Personally I don't consider a job finished until you've disposed of all your waste and cleaned up, but that might just be me.

Edited by TheTeapot

Coal tar is classed as hazardous. The options (given that IOM can’t process it) were to ship it off to an approved facility, tip it in landfill or make it safe and bury it onsite. I think it’s a pragmatic solution, although our resident coal tar experts will probably disagree.

40 minutes ago, Kopek said:

So it's our fault Stu, nothing to do with our elected Govt! Well, do accept our humble apologies Stu, we'll orgasnise a clean up operation to deal with this next week!!!

So it's our governments fault that 50 years ago the world was using a substance that now turns out to be harmful? What would you do differently?