DOI fails again

Two-lane

24 minutes ago, emesde said:

It seems that there has been a large drop in number of users of the horse trams on the prom.

Gosh what a surprise 

Mr Crookall said direct income to the Department of Infrastructure from the service had fallen from £140,000 in 2018 to £44,000 when run on a shortened track this year.. 

Well he is at least consistent 

Hundreds of thousands lost introducing an incredibly stupid system  of parking at the airport. 

Now losing huge amounts of customers  and income on the horse tram that run from nowhere to nowhere (except on Mondays when it doesn't run at a all) 

Other countries in Europe are moving forward and improving. This island is soon going to become an irrelevant backwater if things go on as they are. 

The people making the decisions really need to get their priorities sorted and then get people in positions to  get the right things done. 

I used the horsetram this summer with some friends I had over. It was deafening, mechanical torture during which you couldn't hear the person sat next to you speaking (this was in a fully covered carriage). An absolute joke. How much did we spend on this?

Mr Longworth's engineering qualifications please?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 1

If they were insistant about having horses on the prom why on earth didn't they build a big Merry go round in that grey, soulless area they call the "cultural area". 

One nice little statue, a tatty old bench, and a stone flower pot. Just about sums it all up.                       The horse trams are a total disaster. Covering the middle of the prom with manure.,and causing all sorts of travel problems. Oh and losing huge sums of money. 

The prom rebuild was the opportunity to really do something good for the future. What we got was less than mediocre. Such a shame but what we are coming to expect and accept. 

• Like 1

The horse trams are part of our heritage and when run properly are a very welcome tourist attraction.   Any cruise ship passengers arriving on a Monday last year were informed it was the horses rest day , the track should go to the Jubilee clock where they used to go before the money was misdirected by the DOI to another part of the promenade.  I expect you would like the trains and trams to go as well.   Why don’t you just move to Birmingham or some other faceless City and be done with it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

The horse trams are part of our heritage and when run properly are a very welcome tourist attraction.   Any cruise ship passengers arriving on a Monday last year were informed it was the horses rest day , the track should go to the Jubilee clock where they used to go before the money was misdirected by the DOI to another part of the promenade.  I expect you would like the trains and trams to go as well.   Why don’t you just move to Birmingham or some other faceless City and be done with it.

Birmingham has trams.  I believe they actually travel from one useful destination to another. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, emesde said:

The prom rebuild was the opportunity to really do something good for the future. What we got was less than mediocre. Such a shame but what we are coming to expect and accept. 

We’ve failed across the board with the promenade it’s a national embarrassment. But it helpfully points out everything that’s wrong with the DOI and the IOM public sector here just by being over budget, poorly delivered, shit. Just more proof that the public sector here now can’t even be arsed pretending that they’re even interested in caring anymore. Few of them give a shit and are just allowed to keep on dropping great big expensive turds like this all over the place because .. well none of them actually give a shit and even the MHKs have come to expect shit as now being the basic benchmark that is being set by everyone. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

The horse trams are part of our heritage.  Why don’t you just move to Birmingham 

When I moved here over 30 years ago, because I liked it so much, any criticism was met with the cry"if you don't like it, there's a boat in the morning".  Now that this isn't necessarily true, is the current rebuke "if you don't like it move to Birmingham" ? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, emesde said:

When I moved here over 30 years ago, because I liked it so much, any criticism was met with the cry"if you don't like it, there's a boat in the morning".  Now that this isn't necessarily true, is the current rebuke "if you don't like it move to Birmingham" ? 

Is that better or worse than being sent to Coventry?

I guess this is/was about the new bus station/tram terminal they were trying to push through, as a result they no longer have any trams in the tram station so it’s quickly gone to look a scruffy mess, clearly intentional but no doubt marked down as cost saving.

indigocard activate

roblox exploit

Edited by arjanbellyz

5 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

the track should go to the Jubilee clock where they used to go before

The plans are for the tram track to be relocated into the pedestrian area, south of the War Memorial.

As this would be a new installation, presumably modern safety standards must apply.

What are the likely injuries if an old duffer staggers out in front of a steel-shod horse at full trot, or a child goes under the tram and gets run over by a flanged steel wheel running on steel rails?

I wonder if a safety assessment has been made.

6 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The plans are for the tram track to be relocated into the pedestrian area, south of the War Memorial.

As this would be a new installation, presumably modern safety standards must apply.

What are the likely injuries if an old duffer staggers out in front of a steel-shod horse at full trot, or a child goes under the tram and gets run over by a flanged steel wheel running on steel rails?

I wonder if a safety assessment has been made.

Build a wall. Oh hang on...