DOI fails again

Two-lane

5 hours ago, manxchester said:

Can't be too hard for someone to go up there and tape a bin bag over the sign surely??

** Mountain Road Notice **
Due to the weather last night, one of the "ONE WAY" directional sign covers has blown off. We are unable to replace the cover at this time.
The public is reminded that the mountain road remains two-way until the road closes at 9:30am Friday 24th May.
The road will open again at 4:30pm Friday 24th May, from this time, the road will be one-way throughout the TT Festival Period.

All reactions:

Oh dear. Another job for the scouts... teach the DoI or subcontractors how to tie a knot?
Wonder how many will go up the Creg to Kates against the one way this year?

One road closed today and Douglas grinds to a halt. Some scenes out there. With Vicarage road works as well it’s bonkers. 
Does anybody actually work anymore as why is everyone in a car. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:

One road closed today and Douglas grinds to a halt. Some scenes out there. With Vicarage road works as well it’s bonkers. 
Does anybody actually work anymore as why is everyone in a car. 

People do work in cars and vans you know.

Posted (edited)

Why are they making the walkway narrower?

Can only assume it’s just down to cost and not need scaffolding for the workers to get to both sides?

If that’s the final location along the whole length of the prom it seems a bit “interesting “

IMG_1198.jpeg

Edited by Anthony Ingham

Thought the design looked interesting in the least, you would only have to scaffold the first 50 metres as the beach is basically level with walkway after that length. The step just looks to me as giving the beach an unfair advantage in starting to pile sand and stones(and sandstone)behind it, I give it 18-24 months before there is 8"to10" built up behind it, at the midway point between memorial and Empress..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Why are they making the walkway narrower?

Can only assume it’s just down to cost and not need scaffolding for the workers to get to both sides?

If that’s the final location along the whole length of the prom it seems a bit “interesting “

IMG_1198.jpeg

Thats got to be a sample or something surely? The only thing I can say is it looks more in keeping with a Victorian promenade than the Lesser Atlantic Wall on Mooragh Prom. 

Also it won't stop seaweed and other debris ending up on the walkway, just now instead of sweeping it back under the gap in the railings, you'll have to pick it all up and cart it back instead. No doubt the City will be in the market for a new sand and seaweed sweeper soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

We're spoilt for choice.

He comes on here a few times a week and makes and account and does this.  

Full on stalker mode, he normally gets deleted before he has had ten minutes but the mods must be out watching the bikes tonight.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

He comes on here a few times a week and makes and account and does this.  

Full on stalker mode, he normally gets deleted before he has had ten minutes but the mods must be out watching the bikes tonight.

Yes it was a real vile rant against one individual ie you.

It s odd how he was able to plant his vitriolic remarks so quickly on so many threads. 

When I clicked on his profile late evening it said he had made ,I think it was 16 postings and had joined only an hour earlier. Then the ranting seemed to stop. JW made a posting about the Asian restaurant closing and you immediately replied on that one. 

The whole episode was really weird.

4 minutes ago, emesde said:

Yes it was a real vile rant against one individual ie you.

It s odd how he was able to plant his vitriolic remarks so quickly on so many threads. 

When I clicked on his profile late evening it said he had made ,I think it was 16 postings and had joined only an hour earlier. Then the ranting seemed to stop. JW made a posting about the Asian restaurant closing and you immediately replied on that one. 

The whole episode was really weird.

Not sure there’s much to choose between CrazyDave/Anthony Ingham and Cyril Servant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Not sure there’s much to choose between CrazyDave/Anthony Ingham and Cyril Servant.

If I was a betting man .......

I would be betting on a very split personality.😄