DOI fails again

Two-lane

See someone’s on Facebook just now saying they have tar all over there shoes as with the heat it’s made the issue worse and her pedals in her car are now covered in tar. On the front in Laxey where they’ve just finished works and the chippings are lifting and exposing the tar.  There’s been problems ever since they started with this method . But DOI are sorry mmmmmm that’s alright then 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

See someone’s on Facebook just now saying they have tar all over there shoes as with the heat it’s made the issue worse and her pedals in her car are now covered in tar. On the front in Laxey where they’ve just finished works and the clippings are lifting and exposing the tar.  There’s been problems ever since they started with this method . But DOI are sorry mmmmmm that’s alright then 

The method has been around for at least 20years or more. It's never been a success especially in cold places. To be fair to the DOI they persevere 😂

Relevant post….with a few saying the same . 

Anyone in laxey today.  Tarmac all over my shoes.  Melting on Prom    Not covered properly . my shoes stuck to peddles in car  p

Edited by Numbnuts

Not really a DOI fail as I believe they are now restricted by some stupid rule, but the overgrown hedges are making some roads really quite dangerous.

Hidden road signs, narrower roads and massively reduced visibility both down the road and through corners, and pulling out of junctions.

What happens if someone doesn’t see a junction or the sign for it snd  there is an accident?

Does the reg of Britain and the world just let everything get overgrown to the point it’s dangerous these days?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Not really a DOI fail as I believe they are now restricted by some stupid rule, but the overgrown hedges are making some roads really quite dangerous.

Hidden road signs, narrower roads and massively reduced visibility both down the road and through corners, and pulling out of junctions.

What happens if someone doesn’t see a junction or the sign for it snd  there is an accident?

Does the reg of Britain and the world just let everything get overgrown to the point it’s dangerous these days?

Its just an eco bollocks excuse for idleness.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

No, I was in S. Wales recently and everything in the area I was in was well kept, I did ask a local who said that road safety came first and overrode the green wishes.

Up in Ramsey, much of the Mooragh and the park is now a disgrace due to this bullshit which is being promoted by one or two members of the Board with their heads up their arses.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, finlo said:

Its just an eco bollocks excuse for idleness.

And there's plenty who don't take much convincing.

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Is it a valid defense if the speed limit sign is obscured?

Warning signs for junctions etc are obscured as well, and visibility in some areas is appalling.

Junctions which normally have quite good visibility are at the minute so poor that if you were to apply to have them installed with the year round visibility as it is now it wouldn’t be allowed.

The green crap has to stop somewhere and safety and convenience become a concern.

The percentage of hedges that are roadside must be tiny, and surely if they are kept trimmed not many animals are going to select them to next in over more natural ones that don’t have traffic wizzing by every few minutes.

15 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

No, I was in S. Wales recently and everything in the area I was in was well kept, I did ask a local who said that road safety came first and overrode the green wishes.

Up in Ramsey, much of the Mooragh and the park is now a disgrace due to this bullshit which is being promoted by one or two members of the Board with their heads up their arses.

I walk through The Mooragh almost every day, and I always say that it is The Jewel in the Crown, not only of Ramsey, but of the whole Island.

It is always well cared-for , and is a credit to the guys who maintain it.

15 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

The green crap has to stop somewhere and safety and convenience become a concern.

It's not just the green crap that is responsible for the complete breakdown of any kind of ongoing care and maintenance on the Island.  It's the army of managers, diversity and inclusion, H&S, this regulation and that regulation, planning etc.  You basically have 10 paper pushers for every 1 grass/tarmac pusher.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, KERED said:
15 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I walk through The Mooragh almost every day, and I always say that it is The Jewel in the Crown, not only of Ramsey, but of the whole Island.

It is always well cared-for , and is a credit to the guys who maintain it

Well, one of you must be wrong…

• Like 1