DOI fails again

Two-lane

On 7/27/2024 at 8:00 AM, Non-Believer said:

Speaking of planing, they're now on their third attempt to put a TT-acceptable surface on the apex of May Hill in Ramsey after MG contractors dug it up and then reinstated it with the profile of a farm lane.

ETA correction. It's actually MG's contractors digging up the newly laid road surface again 🤦

That all nicely eats into the profit for MG. It’s almost time for the regulator to set the next tariff isn’t it?

Cynical? Moi?

On 7/23/2024 at 2:21 PM, WTF said:

i noticed this morning that even though the schools are shut that the 2 i drove past this morning had the 20mph school speed limit signs flashing as if they were open.  don't they switch off when not required ???

I think they are just on a simple timer.

On 7/27/2024 at 8:00 AM, Non-Believer said:

Speaking of planing, they're now on their third attempt to put a TT-acceptable surface on the apex of May Hill in Ramsey after MG contractors dug it up and then reinstated it with the profile of a farm lane.

ETA correction. It's actually MG's contractors digging up the newly laid road surface again 🤦

That will likely be at the contractor's expense if they made an arse of the first attempt 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Brilliant. Despite supposedly being skint they are going to blow a load of cash on a building that has served no purpose for decades and should now be landfill

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tramway-terrace-work-to-resume-soon/

And the scaffold up to now has cost how much…..?

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Would the scaffolding really support the front wall???

No , in my opinion it was put up to strengthen the DOI case to demolish it. Has anyone seen anything dropping of the building. No , neither have I . 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

No , in my opinion it was put up to strengthen the DOI case to demolish it. Has anyone seen anything dropping of the building. No , neither have I . 

It’s known in the trade as “doing a Kelproperties”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1