DOI fails again

Two-lane

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

Okay I see, so its DoI resurfacing the street and not the level crossing itself. Then they certainly don't have the staff to do shift work. Once could almsot say they were shiftless.

The bits DOI are doing would actually seem to be 18:30 to 06:30 so hats off to them.

Why they don’t insist CCJ do 24 hours to reduce the two week closure I have no idea.

Apologies for some duff info earlier

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

The bits DOI are doing would actually seem to be 18:30 to 06:30 so hats off to them.

Why they don’t insist CCJ do 24 hours to reduce the two week closure I have no idea.

Apologies for some duff info earlier

There is no way CCJ have enough staff to do 24 hours a day work. 

15 hours ago, Ativa said:

Nope.  I am asking why you would ask if they were going to open a road that is open.

edited to add.  Opening it seems pretty stupid, and I can see it being closed again by the morning.

Spending time and money clearing it all the time when it’s only going to close again, and risking damaging the road surface seems pretty short sighted when there are two other routes open.  If there were roadworks in Laxey or something it might be worthwhile but sending people up there today seems like a waste of resources.

All that effort to open it yesterday so it could be closed again last night.

Before anyone says why didn’t they grit it, it was absolutely covered in grit when it opened yesterday afternoon and was done again in the evening.

Just accept it’s closed for some of the winter as these days people can’t be trusted to use their own common sense.

46 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Just accept it’s closed for some of the winter as these days people can’t be trusted to use their own common sense.

people don't know how to use common sense these days which is why it keeps getting shut for almost nothing.

38 minutes ago, philwebs said:

Anagh Cooar - New over spec crossing near shop. Major disruption. Has been going on a month, maybe another month to go. Have a look. More of the same.

Admittedly I don't know much about civil engineering, but it looks like a job that should have taken closer to two days than two months.

27 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Same as Ballabeg. Must be part of the new DoI policy of putting pedestrian crossings just after a corner.

Whether it was remotely necessary, and whether it's in a stupid place, are different questions.

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Victoria road closed for 2 weeks, should be nice & congested around the area 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/victoria-street-closure-to-last-two-weeks/

How long have you lived here? And still don’t know the difference between Victoria STREET and Victoria ROAD?

Of course you may be dyslexic, in which case i apologíse. ( Actually that’d explain you mixing up idle parasitic bankers for hard working teachers, and McD and KFC for the out of town caffs etc you visit when you should be working ) 🙂

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

How long have you lived here? And still don’t know the difference between Victoria STREET and Victoria ROAD?

Of course you may be dyslexic, in which case i apologíse. ( Actually that’d explain you mixing up idle parasitic bankers for hard working teachers, and McD and KFC for the out of town caffs etc you visit when you should be working ) 🙂

It’s in the report attached if you bothered reading it!!! Semi retired a bit like you but not paid by taxpayers unlike you 😂

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

Victoria road closed for 2 weeks, should be nice & congested around the area 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/victoria-street-closure-to-last-two-weeks/

Victoria road has been closed for a few weeks already.

The fact  that Victoria Street was closing  was discussed yesterday.

Other than that, top quality and informative post.  Cheers 😂

Edited by Ativa
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s in the report attached if you bothered reading it!!! Semi retired a bit like you but not paid by taxpayers unlike you 😂

Does the report mention Victoria Road?

Blunder on.

I’ll spell it out for you. The title of the article you link is Victoria Street, the article is all about Victoria Street. Yet you post that it’s about Victoria Riad, a wholly different location at the other side of the city.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1