DOI fails again

Two-lane

Slight change of topic but still about the DOI.

Does anybody know what is going on with Tromode Road? Big plans proposed as early as 2021 but very little done on the road apart from a few pothole repairs and a new wall. It was in the news for a good few months about new cycle lanes, footpaths, access to the cricket club, etc.

I can't see much difference.

40 minutes ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Does anybody know what is going on with Tromode Road? Big plans proposed as early as 2021 but very little done on the road apart from a few pothole repairs and a new wall. It was in the news for a good few months about new cycle lanes, footpaths, access to the cricket club, etc.

No money.

• Like 1

I think a certain ex CM would have seven fits if the Peggy comes north of the border.    Bonfire night ……Peggy sailing across the bay loaded with fireworks and at the end of the display a detonator gets put into play….now that would be a fitting end to a rowing boat which may have been used for smuggling.    

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Was it linked to the Hartford development? They are taking deposits now I believe.

13 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

No money.

knowing this lot in the DOI they will be making Hartford pay for upgrading the road as a condition of planning permission  and then they wonder why house prices  for the young and first time buyers are so high ,Time DOI was disbanded and the empire broken down into accountable and manageable size divisions ,with professionals running them instead of muggins turn   civil servants with no construction  or engineering  qualifications 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Omobono said:

knowing this lot in the DOI they will be making Hartford pay for upgrading the road as a condition of planning permission  and then they wonder why house prices  for the young and first time buyers are so high ,Time DOI was disbanded and the empire broken down into accountable and manageable size divisions ,with professionals running them instead of muggins turn   civil servants with no construction  or engineering  qualifications 

That's what happens across, but time after time, the Manx taxpayer have ended up paying rather than the developer. 

I'm still trying to reconcile how Hartford are looking for £310k for a 3 bed terraced in Jurby. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

The DOI seem to have either employed a stunt double of the former Director of Public Transport, or the DOI have re-enployed the former Director of Public Transport to drive horse trams. 

Said person was barreling along at 5mph this afternoon. 

That’ll put the insurance premium up😬

11 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

That's what happens across, but time after time, the Manx taxpayer have ended up paying rather than the developer. 

I'm still trying to reconcile how Hartford are looking for £310k for a 3 bed terraced in Jurby. 

Heard you have got a job with ramsey commissioners big money. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, english zloty said:

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/infrastructure-foi-costs-halved-since-2021/

a success story, or less people asking questions because they know the answer will be 'we're not telling you'?

can't understand how they worked out that figure in the first place, thats a lot of money to find an answer that someone in the DOI should know already otherwise they are not doing their job properly 

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

can't understand how they worked out that figure in the first place, thats a lot of money to find an answer that someone in the DOI should know already otherwise they are not doing their job properly 

Probably the cost of time spent coming up with an answer, rather than giving the genuine one!

• Like 2