DOI fails again

Two-lane

3 hours ago, Two-lane said:

If you open in a new tab the image in the above link, then zoom in a little, you can see that the cracks extends, apparently, across the whole slab.

I, me, myself, personally, know nothing about concrete, but I though this quote from people that do was relevant:

"Structural cracks wider than a credit card, or that run through the entire slab require repair or replacement of the concrete."

"In general, cracks wider than a credit card and running through the depth of the concrete are structural in nature and could be a sign of more serious problems "

Slab?

Also, the features on the promenade side of the wall are almost all having to be re-finished by hand, as they come out of the formwork with bits missing. 

From a purely aesthetic point of view, the concrete is a myriad of different shades of grey, and blotchy. It looks terrible. Then, there's the collateral damage to the walkway which was bad before they started and now looks truly awful.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Auntie Depressant said:

Would someone remind me who the contractor is on this project? 

Dewey, Robbham and Howe.

13 minutes ago, Vaaish said:

Another ‘Ain’t nuffink to do with me guv’ response from the Pygmy intellect of Peel.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/dandara-will-finish-ballasalla-bypass-in-their-own-time/

If that is the case why have the DOI blamed delays in land transfer agreements and the presence of coal tar as reasons for it not progressing in the past. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

What is a Section 4 agreement and who agreed to it?

Two great questions. I think the S4 relates to the planning consent. Who agreed these no bloody use to the public terms is of great interest.

• Like 1