DOI fails again

Two-lane

We really do seem to have the most inept minister the DOI has ever had.

The simple exercise of running the airport car park was beyond him and what could have been a profitable exercise was given to a foreign company to run with all its problems now. 

The Liverpool terminal .....all he could say was that the DOI had done everything and it was now up to the steam packet.

The roads at Ballasalla . He hasn't a clue what was to be done by who.

His only concern is to have everything at arm length so that basically he can blame everybody for any problems.

Is it surprising that people are becoming more and more cynical of that department . It's his second attempt and no better than the first......a total joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

So if it's not a stupid question, why did they alter it in the first place? It was only a couple of years ago.

It was an even worse layout before the recent changes. It was probably a long time before the estate was even considered. 

The horse-trading over this roundabout has been going on for years; one thing is for certain though, if DOI didn't have funds to start this back in February this year, they certainly aren't going to have them now.

Screenshot_20241009-131337_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20241009-131223_Samsung Internet.jpg

39 minutes ago, emesde said:

he roads at Ballasalla . He hasn't a clue what was to be done by who.

I think you will find that there is some truth in what both Dandara and the DoI say? It would be 'libel' if not true?

Maybe the public spat will bring an early resolution???

Whether it was necessary is another matter???

... and when the new by-pass is in operation, there will be petitions galore to close it down from the new residents of Reayrt Mie?

Indecently, does Reayrt Mie, mean 'view of noodles'?

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

I think you will find that there is some truth in what both Dandara and the DoI say? It would be 'libel' if not true?

Maybe the public spat will bring an early resolution???

Whether it was necessary is another matter???

At the least it seems like his department has misled Tynwald. Whether knowingly or not does not matter. His officers let him lie. 

9 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

A few years back they managed to spend £250,000 on the Ballakillowey roundabout when £250k was a lot more than it would be now.

So in modern terms, they'll be needing £500k+ for Balthane, maybe much more because it'll be much bigger than BallaK.

I looked into it, the quoted DOI cost a couple of years back was £1.92M for the roundabout.

They certainly won't have that lying around now with the departmental budget overrun they've just posted already, if we're lucky it may be included in the 25/26 budgeting?

Crookall has just been set up as the patsy again and he and his "officers" need to be brought up sharp on this, for being unable to be honest enough to admit it.

Quite clearly nothing has changed within DOI since Alf said in Oct 2021 that ministers couldn't trust their civil servants to be accurate or honest.

• Like 1

I’ve been following Manx politics since sir Miles early days but Crookall would make my top ten of the most ineffective not so bright, believe everything someone in a suit tells me mhk’s ever to grace Tynwald and there’s certainly been a few. I honestly thought when he decided to stand again he’d upped his game, just being a nice chap walking the streets of Peel shouldn’t get you elected.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

I’ve been following Manx politics since sir Miles early days but Crookall would make my top ten of the most ineffective not so bright, believe everything someone in a suit tells me mhk’s ever to grace Tynwald and there’s certainly been a few. I honestly thought when he decided to stand again he’d upped his game, just being a nice chap walking the streets of Peel shouldn’t get you elected.

It seems to be a repeated pattern, can you remember a time the DOI minister didn't just read whatever nonsense was put in front of him? 

• Thanks 2