Union leader still raving!

BriT

4 minutes ago, BriT said:

I really have no need to back track. A bag on the head is not a gender specific term. The fact that a few ‘challenged’ individuals like Gladys or Roxanne choose to blow the context of an argument into something it isn’t doesn’t really concern me. If I suggested that Bernie Moffatt put a bag on his head (he most certainly should) that wouldn’t lead to claims misogyny. 

You’re making it worse

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You’re making it worse

No I’m not I’m pointing out what absolute crap you and others have said above to try to create an argument. Wanting to silence someone by putting a bag over their head is not gender specific. Much as you might try to grasp at straws. 

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Sounds fairly gender-specific to me.

Because the subject matter was a woman. If I was talking about Moffatt I’d have said he needs a bag on his head. Would you prefer I use gender neutral pronouns? You don’t seem to like those from other posts you’ve made on here. 

2 minutes ago, BriT said:

Because the subject matter was a woman. If I was talking about Moffatt I’d have said he needs a bag on his head.

To an older generation, the saying was usually used in derogatory fashion when referring to a woman's attactiveness and whether one would have sex with her. You know this. And I knew how you meant it too- and I wouldn't describe the context as misogynist, to be fair...

2 minutes ago, BriT said:

Would you prefer I use gender neutral pronouns? You don’t seem to like those from other posts you’ve made on here. 

You've answered your question in one paragraph. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, quilp said:

To an older generation, the saying was usually used in derogatory fashion when referring to a woman's attactiveness and whether one would have sex with her. You know this. And I knew how you meant it too

You’re the pensioner mate. I know what I said and it would apply equally to a man or a woman to most people I know no matter how much people want to try to suggest otherwise. When will Jarndyce be along to troll me as well? 

Edited by BriT

13 minutes ago, BriT said:

You’re the pensioner mate. I know what I said and it would apply equally to a man or a woman to most people I know no matter how much people want to try to suggest otherwise. When will Jarndyce be along to troll me as well? 

Fool, re-read my post...