Union leader still raving!

BriT

I have to agree that I find her abrasive ( not her hairstyle or appearance).  However, that should not (and has not AFAIAC) detract from the very valid points she makes.  

The comments dismissing her points based on her appearance are just bonkers and underline a bigger issue - because someone is strident, should their view be discounted? 

If she was a meek, jam-boiling 'lady' with a well coiffured head, would her points be more valid?

I will not even go into the misogyny. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, BriT said:

Sorry so referring to a woman as ‘she’ because she is in fact a woman is misogynistic? You’re as dim as the other one. 

You completely miss the misogyny.  Of course referring to her as 'she' is not misogynistic.  It's the rest of it that is - appearance,  needing a bag over the head, etc etc.

Would you criticise, say, Boris, purely on his hairstyle?  Or would you listen, digest then decide if you agree,? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You completely miss the misogyny.  Of course referring to her as 'she' is not misogynistic.  It's the rest of it that is - appearance,  needing a bag over the head, etc etc.

You either seem to lack intelligence or simply are looking to point score. It’s got nothing to do with appearance or being a woman. It’s the best way to silence someone (man or woman) by putting a bag on their head. You’re trying too hard to take offense for something you’ve made up so that you can claim offense. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, BriT said:

It’s got nothing to do with appearance or being a woman. It’s the best way to silence someone (man or woman) by putting a bag on their head. You’re trying too hard to take offense for something you’ve made up so that you can claim offense. 

Even funnier! 🤣🤣. Oh, my aching sides!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BriT said:

You either seem to lack intelligence or simply are looking to point score. It’s got nothing to do with appearance or being a woman. It’s the best way to silence someone (man or woman) by putting a bag on their head. You’re trying too hard to take offense for something you’ve made up so that you can claim offense. 

Tell the silly idiots who have been using a gag all these years. 

ETA. PS I am not taking offence, you are giving offence. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BriT said:

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you're unable to talk with a bag on your head. Bet you're like a fucking budgie, immediately believe it's night time and go to sleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, BriT said:

Back tracking at its finest!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Back tracking at its finest!

I really have no need to back track. A bag on the head is not a gender specific term. The fact that a few ‘challenged’ individuals like Gladys or Roxanne choose to blow the context of an argument into something it isn’t doesn’t really concern me. If I suggested that Bernie Moffatt put a bag on his head (he most certainly should) that wouldn’t lead to claims misogyny. 

• Haha 1