House of Keys February 28th

Moghrey Mie

15 hours ago, Hooly said:

They shouldn't be allowed to be on phones and tablets etc. Pay attention to wtf is going on.

If I was in there I'd want to have the order paper, documents etc I needed to refer to on a laptop or tablet.

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

No, more that I saw the time stamp and that it was well after Keys ended, although someone earlier in the thread suggests that’s not when RC posted so I may be wrong (unthinkable I know). As to devices, I’d rather be testing an electric chair than listen to questions about train whistles.

We know when you say electric car, you really mean  mobility scooter.

Edited by Holte End

19 hours ago, StrangeBrew said:

Yes, I think he has. And deleted it from Twitter too, shortly after someone asked him about stamps….

Moorhouse’s question was daft, but not sure Take Care Rob C is in a position to call anyone else out for daft questions.

If you take his written question about apprentice pay to the DESC, then you would realise how much he must have been listening in meeting at DfE when construction came up, the real incompetent part being,  he was member in charge for construction at one time for DfE.

Edited by Holte End

1 hour ago, Anyone said:

I would imagine testing electric chairs is not a smart idea. But I could be wrong.

I am indebted to you for this sage if unamusing advice. Have you considered contributing 'Top Tips' to Viz?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I didn’t say ‘electric car’.

I would hope as a Politician, you would get use to being misquoted. It is the opposite to being a voter and reading a manifesto. But back to the real question, you don't post on social media while in a sitting, are there any rules around this or is it just poor professional standards from the member in question. 

• Like 1

perhaps this is something the Tynwald or keys  standing orders committee   or members standards committee should be looking at , and if they have devices in Tynwald , why cant they be put on silent , nothing more annoying than to listen to debate or question  and  the microphones  picking  up  bing bong going off every time someone gets an email  ,

2 hours ago, Holte End said:

But back to the real question, you don't post on social media while in a sitting, are there any rules around this or is it just poor professional standards from the member in question. 

I have been sat in the public gallery of Tynwald and watched as an MHK payed his bills. Then did his Christmas cards. All whilst his Tynwald colleagues were in full flow.

5 hours ago, Holte End said:

[...]  But back to the real question, you don't post on social media while in a sitting, are there any rules around this or is it just poor professional standards from the member in question. 

There is an explicit rule:

5. Rules of conduct and debate Conduct of Members

3.21 [...] (5) Members shall not read a document or use electronic apparatus in the Chamber, except in connection with business before the Court.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barlow said:

I have been sat in the public gallery of Tynwald and watched as an MHK payed his bills. Then did his Christmas cards. All whilst his Tynwald colleagues were in full flow.

A few years back, Leonard Singer was reported in the press as completing Christmas card essentials whilst in a sitting.

• Like 1