House of Keys February 28th

Moghrey Mie

It wasn't Leonard Skinner that I saw, I have to say. Another time a fresh off the press TT Programme was being read. I suppose at a push that could be called work related but even so, not whilst in a sitting.
I think what got me more than anything was the total oblivion that there were people in the public gallery watching from above.

3 minutes ago, Lurking said:

Was it two cards? I wouldn’t think he had any more friends than that. 

I see what you mean but granny farming is an art and Christmas cards play a big part in that. LS was elected on a number of occassions so he didn't do too badly.

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

There is an explicit rule:

5. Rules of conduct and debate Conduct of Members

3.21 [...] (5) Members shall not read a document or use electronic apparatus in the Chamber, except in connection with business before the Court.

So when are the presiding officers  (speaker snd President ) going to do something about it  it is being abused , 

Well we deserve better politicians than those who do come on here with glib crappy comments and should really seek another job. Like a rubbish DJ for example. And I don’t mean Chris Thomas who does come on here and posts facts and stuff. And he’s never been a DJ.

4 hours ago, Anyone said:

Well we deserve better politicians than those who do come on here with glib crappy comments and should really seek another job. Like a rubbish DJ for example. And I don’t mean Chris Thomas who does come on here and posts facts and stuff. And he’s never been a DJ.

Politicos are on here every day,, just look for the posters who haven't got a sense of humour, have an air arrogance and don't take criticism well. Dispel the intelligent posts as they will be lawyers and doctors, you are left with MHK's and MLC's.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Politicos are on here every day,, just look for the posters who haven't got a sense of humour, have an air arrogance and don't take criticism well. Dispel the intelligent posts as they will be lawyers and doctors, you are left with MHK's and MLC's.

May i enquire, innocently, which category you are in?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

May i enquire, innocently, which category you are in?

None of the above. too stupid to be a lawyer or doctor, to honest to be an MLC or MHK. I have the sense of humour of a post office counter clerk, only listen to self criticism.😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Generally they only come on to try to dispel the latest bullshit rumour or untruth that’s doing the rounds. Which is generally what Thomas does. 

Or deflect attention from forthcoming bad news.

I've been on MF for getting on for 13 years now, in that time I've seen a remarkable amount of Govt and economy stuff outed, initially denied by the powers-that-be and their messengers, but then which has proved to be correct.

The deflection and initial denial is predictable now IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1