Electricity Price Hike

Major Rushen

4 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

Naturgy's core business in Spain is gas, so perhaps they purchase more from carbon based suppliers than other energy suppliers?

Just looked it up - it's your supplier that uses a greater proportion of carbon produced electricity. They are near the bottom of the league. Iberdrola is much more 'green', so maybe try them.

23 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

Just looked it up - it's your supplier that uses a greater proportion of carbon produced electricity. They are near the bottom of the league. Iberdrola is much more 'green', so maybe try them.

No idea what you looked up.

This is the statutorily mandated table of source of electric supplied by Naturgy in September 2024 and the national comparison.

IMG_5940.jpeg

Here's a table for you, with the source of each statistic indicated.

Supplier Renewable Energy Share (%) Notes
Iberdrola ~85% Iberdrola is a global leader in renewables, especially wind and solar power .
Endesa ~55% Endesa has rapidly increased its renewable capacity, focusing on solar and wind
IEA
Naturgy ~35% Naturgy is investing heavily in green hydrogen and wind projects .
Repsol ~25% Repsol is expanding into renewable energy, particularly solar .
Acciona 100% Acciona operates with a fully renewable energy mix, mainly solar and wind .

Spain's overall electricity grid in 2023 hit a record, with more than 50% of electricity generated from renewables

IEA

1 minute ago, Harry Lamb said:

Here's a table for you, with the source of each statistic indicated.

Supplier Renewable Energy Share (%) Notes
Iberdrola ~85% Iberdrola is a global leader in renewables, especially wind and solar power .
Endesa ~55% Endesa has rapidly increased its renewable capacity, focusing on solar and wind
IEA
Naturgy ~35% Naturgy is investing heavily in green hydrogen and wind projects .
Repsol ~25% Repsol is expanding into renewable energy, particularly solar .
Acciona 100% Acciona operates with a fully renewable energy mix, mainly solar and wind .

Spain's overall electricity grid in 2023 hit a record, with more than 50% of electricity generated from renewables

IEA

The tables show entirely different things

So I have been doing a bit of looking into this while contemplating an electric fire for the living room.

Our prices aren’t actually much more than the UK?  Certainly not enough to justify some of the moaning.

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/regional-energy-prices/

And our standing charge at 24.6p is low

Edited by Tinpot
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:
4 hours ago, Tinpot said:

Our prices aren’t actually much more than the UK?  Certainly not enough to justify some of the moaning.

Over 13% more expensive than the most expensive supplier supplier there, and over 22% more expensive than the cheapest.

Well, one of you is wrong…which one?

9 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Over 13% more expensive than the most expensive supplier supplier there, and over 22% more expensive than the cheapest.

Bargain!

Do you think that's excessive for an island that generates the majority of it own suplply?

Out of interest, which are you classing as most expensive and cheapest?  Your maths seems a little sketchy

Just now, Tinpot said:

Do you think that's excessive for an island that generates the majority of it own suplply?

Out of interest, which are you classing as most expensive and cheapest?  Your maths seems a little sketchy

Well you've got to imagine it would be cheaper if we weren't still paying for an illegal loan.

The maths is sound and uses the data you linked to. Perhaps you could explain why you think it's sketchy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tinpot said:

So which is the most expensive at 13 percent less than us, and who is the most cheapest at 22 percent less than us?  Simple enough question isnt it?

Well for a start, that's not what I said. Read my post and try again.

Next, you supplied the data. Don't expect me to hold your hand and walk you through it. The maths in what I said is sound. If you claim otherwise you need to explain why.

As you say, it's very simple.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Well for a start, that's not what I said. Read my post and try again.

Next, you supplied the data. Don't expect me to hold your hand and walk you through it. The maths in what I said is sound. If you claim otherwise you need to explain why.

As you say, it's very simple.

OK, so my bad.  I misread.

I see what you have done now.  Your 22% is Northern and your 13% is Eastern.  Hilariously missing the point by a country mile.

would it help if I told you were weren't the most expensive?

2 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

OK, so my bad.  I misread.

I see what you have done now.  Your 22% is Northern and your 13% is Eastern.  Hilariously missing the point by a country mile.

would it help if I told you were weren't the most expensive?

Nope, try again. Don't you have a carer there that can help you or something?