Electricity Price Hike

Major Rushen

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

So, I've been out for a slap up three course lunch, couple of pints, long walk round to see some family, nice snooze for an hour and a half - and you're still here carrying on with yourself, still without a clue what you're talking about, still completely misinterpreting the statistics you have supplied.

Here's what you should do. Go and buy your electric fire, knock yourself out. Then you can sit there in front of it in the smug and completely mistaken belief that you are paying less to run it than most people in the UK.

You were logging in at least once every 45 minutes. 

What bit of my posts don’t you agree with?  What’s wrong with the figures?

• Haha 1

Just now, Tinpot said:

Do you read what you respond to?

Do you still think MUA supply the most expensive electricity of all those on the list I provided this morning?

Do you? I already told you, go and buy your electric fire. I couldn't really give a shit if you're too thick to realise you'll be paying more to run it than you would in the UK.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Do you? I already told you, go and buy your electric fire. I couldn't really give a shit if you're too thick to realise you'll be paying more to run it than you would in the UK.

Can you explain what that’s not the case?

Seriously, just answer a simple question.

Are you still claiming it’s more expensive to run an electric appliance here than it is in the UK?  I am prepared to be shown to be wrong, but all you have done so far is show a massive misunderstanding of what a standing charge is and how it forms part of a utilities bill.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

Are you still claiming it’s more expensive to run an electric appliance here than it is in the UK?  

Yes, but this is the last time I'm doing this so read it carefully this time.

You want to buy an electric fire - are you with me so far?

It will work on electricity provided by the MUA.

The unit price the MUA will charge you is higher than that charged in the UK.

That means your electric fire will cost you more to run here than it would there.

I'm loosing the will to live, go and buy the fucking fire!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

"How much longer will that be legal?"

How on gods own earth is that saying they will become illegal?  I am asking a question.

You have proven yourself several times today to not be the sharpest.

Maybe go an sleep off the lunch and the pints and seem out the humble pie 😂

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

Are you still claiming it’s more expensive to run an electric appliance here than it is in the UK?  I am prepared to be shown to be wrong, but all you have done so far is show a massive misunderstanding of what a standing charge is and how it forms part of a utilities bill.

Anyone who can make head or tail of their utilities bill is a hero to me, but it's correct, we pay a lot more for electricity on the island, and don't get me started on gas!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1