The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

25 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Barely a spot of rain in Ramsey so far, just a chill wind. I can see N. Barrule is starting to get a light dusting, do we need to stock up on bog rolls yet?

Amateur

I still have loads left from the first covid lock down in 2020, won't need to buy and bog roll until at least 2025 I reckon lol

Why are people moaning because it hasn’t snowed yet when they always said it was going to snow this afternoon?

If it chucks it down between now and 3:30 all the same people would be moaning that kids can’t get home and the busses are dangerous blah blah.

They can’t do right for doing wrong by some people.  Maybe the moaners would have less time to moan if they had managed to get themselves into positions where their opinion was actually taken into account when big decisions need to be made?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ativa said:

Why are people moaning because it hasn’t snowed yet when they always said it was going to snow this afternoon?

If it chucks it down between now and 3:30 all the same people would be moaning that kids can’t get home and the busses are dangerous blah blah.

They can’t do right for doing wrong by some people.  Maybe the moaners would have less time to moan if they had managed to get themselves into positions where their opinion was actually taken into account when big decisions need to be made?

welcome to the forum Alf 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

“we” is government. It’s a cross departmental decision what opens and closes, and when.

I don't believe there is a "we" is Government, I believe like me with my prostate problems, it more of a "dribble" is government.

Edited by Holte End

50 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Because Armageddon was forecast and the schools decided that they were shutting down before 5PM yesterday. Now they’re saying that they might be shutting tomorrow and there’s still no snow. A nice two days off for teachers and other government workers. And Douglas Corpy that’s now shut its offices from 12PM presumably as staff were moaning that they didn’t get a free day off like everyone else. Meanwhile everyone else is working even if that’s from home looking after their kids as the schools are shut. It’s pathetic to be honest. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

IOM Government watching the Isle of Man Webcams page to see if they made the right decision to close the schools

giphy.gif

3:30 will be the time we know if they were right or not.

Personally I would leave it to parents to see the forecast and make their own decision on if kids could get there and back, but we live in a much more molly coddled world these days and it would only take one kid slipping and breaking a wrist to see the facebook moaners having a go at them for not closing.

3 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Because Armageddon was forecast and the schools decided that they were shutting down before 5PM yesterday. Now they’re saying that they might be shutting tomorrow and there’s still no snow. A nice two days off for teachers and other government workers. And Douglas Corpy that’s now shut its offices from 12PM presumably as staff were moaning that they didn’t get a free day off like everyone else. Meanwhile everyone else is working even if that’s from home looking after their kids as the schools are shut. It’s pathetic to be honest. 

Meanwhile.  It’s getting quite treacherous on some roads out West (second hand info, not witnessed by myself) and is still only lunchtime

Edited by Ativa