The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

2 hours ago, Ativa said:

3:30 will be the time we know if they were right or not.

So 5 minutes to the obvious. Schools will be closed again tomorrow and everything will be rescheduled again because we think there might be snow again and it’s just too difficult to allow people to self assess their own risks. 

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

Young farmers concert canceled as government shut gaiety at 12 along with NSC etc etc

I doubt many people would be wanting to travel into Douglas this evening or home late evening based on the way things are looking for later?

You are probably right though and all the forecast are wrong again.  What can they really do other than go off the forecast because at this moment in time and looking at the charts cancelling that is the right thing to do.

25 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Has anyone looked at the BBC News website which is supplied data from forcasters that have super computers?

Please see this screen shot 

image.thumb.png.fa9308d01b477c141d6633752b54f291.png

I’ve looked at it a lot. I’ve said all along, based on it, that it’s too warm for snow in Douglas. Snowing in Santon and on higher ground though. Cronk-y-Voddy getting it too. 

The BBC Weather  lot don't see a lot of snow but apparently PC Shuey and his dog tazering lot think there will be, and are on Face Book slagging off the unbelievers "Internet warriors"  who DARE to say the "lockdown" is well over the top.

Given your local Police Covid record - Re "Lock em' up and throw away the key if you buy petrol or are running away from an abusive partner" its no surprise. Watching your lot's reaction over Covid from afar was a light hearted way to lift the mood at the time 🙂

I would add a total lack of backbone from your lawyers to call this sh1t out,  apart from Ian Kermode who has not taken the Kings shiling it would seem.

I am surprised you have not seen multiple arrests for daring to have a individual thought and go on the road to get somewhere during this snow lockdown.

Covid was the IOM Police wet dream, this is a mini version and if you cant see you are living in a semi police state god help you all.

ETA The above is a bit over dramatic to try and get a point across but I don't see how the islands residents, the non Manx ones at least, can't see how the place is as near to a police state in the West as it  is possible to be without the tear gas and water cannon.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Has anyone looked at the BBC News website which is supplied data from forcasters that have super computers?

Please see this screen shot 

image.thumb.png.fa9308d01b477c141d6633752b54f291.png

And there we have it. The local met office forecast has now changed to what the BBC had all along

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/weather-forecast-shifts-to-rain-and-sleet/

• Like 1