The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

1 minute ago, 2bees said:

Anyone know what the road from the Braaid crossroads to B&Q is like? (Plains of heaven)

Police posted on Facebook 30 minutes ago saying it was sticking at cronkbourne y voddy but no mention of any other road issues & buses are operating normally 

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

It's times like today when you think we have our own independent meteorology department. Wonder if they are working at home this afternoon.

Back in the day, I found them really and I mean really good to give you a short term forecast along the lines of "its going to rain in 30 minutes in the upper part of Douglas around the Willaston area".

They dont have a super computer to do long term stuff.

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

Back in the day, I found them really and I mean really good to give you a short term forecast along the lines of "its going to rain in 30 minutes in the upper part of Douglas around the Willaston area".

They dont have a super computer to do long term stuff.

I think they should stick to telling is what its doing right now. Can't really get that wrong.

In the olden days, if it was snowing at work and it looked dodgy the boss would let you go early. If you were lucky. Today is like the biggest embarrassment ever. Is someone going t o compensate the wessex and all the cafes, pubs, restaurants and taxis for the loss of business. 

• Thanks 1