The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

4 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

15 pages of posts in less than 24 hours - and it's all about the weather. It surely must be a record. That says something about the average ManxForumer.

That's  not me - I'm definitely sub-average.

Well thats what happens when you start climate lockdowns. WFH my arse.

So it would appear they were just a few hours out, and cancelling the young farmers gig and other things this evening was the right thing to do.

Never mind.  Snow day for the kids tomorrow  

Edited by Ativa
  • Like 1

Roads closing.  Bus stuck in foxdale and probably some others.

Moaners still moaning that they were a few hours out when we all know if the busses hadn’t been able to get around three hours ago and the kids had been at school all the same moaners would have been moaning.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Moaners still moaning that they were a few hours out when we all know if the busses hadn’t been able to get around three hours ago and the kids had been at school all the same moaners would have been moaning.

If you hear banjo's, it's too late to run.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ativa said:

I'm really surprised that someone with your level of knowledge and expertise on emergency planning and meteorology doesn't know how the spell the plural of BUS.

It's BUSES

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

We really really really need a facepalm reaction. 

Really?  It looks like they were bob on but it came about three hours later than they thought which doesn’t seem that bad considering they were trying to give plenty of notice.

I have just seen a video of them trying to tow the bus through Foxdale

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Really?  It looks like they were bob on but it came about three hours later than they thought which doesn’t seem that bad considering they were trying to give plenty of notice.

I have just seen a video of them trying to tow the bus through Foxdale

So they weren't Bob on then if they were 3 hours late. That's like saying the train was on the right route but turned up 3 hours late.

• Haha 2