The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

So if we can "cancel" a day just in case of bad things happening, resulting in a lot of people losing money, why don't they cancel the TT, where bad things DEFINITELY happen year after year? Oh, that's right, because that will mean the ones at the top as well losing money, not just the little people.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, majkul said:

So if we can "cancel" a day just in case of bad things happening, resulting in a lot of people losing money, why don't they cancel the TT, where bad things DEFINITELY happen year after year? Oh, that's right, because that will mean the ones at the top as well losing money, not just the little people.

I think MF needs a TT version of Godwin's law

• Haha 6

It is now 16 pages in less than 24 hours. Unbelievable. RogerMexico is going to start producing comparative data graphs (with footnotes), Gladys will comment (lengthily) on the corporate responsibly of snow-plough wagon drivers, Roxanne will report on icebergs floating down Laxey River, and MadUncleRonnie will post about his Sharon being snowed-in with some Turkish fella.

And it's all because of this bloody global warming. Where's the heat - that's what I want to know.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

It is now 16 pages in less than 24 hours. Unbelievable. RogerMexico is going to start producing comparative data graphs (with footnotes), Gladys will comment (lengthily) on the corporate responsibly of snow-plough wagon drivers, Roxanne will report on icebergs floating down Laxey River, and MadUncleRonnie will post about his Sharon being snowed-in with some Turkish fella.

And it's all because of this bloody global warming. Where's the heat - that's what I want to know.

Since you asked - it's at my place:

image.thumb.png.dc81d0b28a3ed1b2988d5c8eaf8132df.png

Edited by GD4ELI

48 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Really?  It looks like they were bob on but it came about three hours later than they thought which doesn’t seem that bad considering they were trying to give plenty of notice.

I have just seen a video of them trying to tow the bus through Foxdale

Isn’t that business as usual for Foxdale ….

7 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, evaporating more water to come and dump on us.

And paradoxically making things worse here as well.  Because the temperature is hovering around freezing point rather than being solidly below zero, there will a lot of thawing/refreezing going on tonight and tomorrow morning, with all the resultant patches of ice in unexpected places, causing crashes and blocked roads and fallings over.

• Like 2