The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

8 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Are you accusing Albert of falling foul of the anthropic principle? Douglas Adams summarised it quite neatly from the point of view of a puddle: "This is an interesting world I find myself in – an interesting hole I find myself in – fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!"

Showing your age there fella.

21 minutes ago, Catrisk said:

The snow started about 7PM well after most people had come home after a full day at work today.

Hang on there…you can’t be suggesting that they were all wasting time on MF when they were supposed to be putting in a full day at work? 😉

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Perhaps if looking after your children is pointless, you may need ask yourself why you produced them.

Do you have children? When I had mine I relied on a school system that said that after a certain age and between certain dates they would be educated from money paid from my taxes. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Catrisk said:

Do you have children? When I had mine I relied on a school system that said that after a certain age and between certain dates they would be educated from money paid from my taxes. 

I’m sure you would’ve been volunteering calling all the parents to collect their kids when the schools realised conditions were worsening if it had been a few hours earlier. 

For context, buses have been cancelled between Ramsey and Douglas via Laxey due to poor conditions around Dhoon. Police are also apparently stopping traffic leaving Ramsey in that direction.

Bit of a nightmare to get Ramsey Grammar kids back to Laxey, for example. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I’m sure you would’ve been volunteering calling all the parents to collect their kids when the schools realised conditions were worsening if it had been a few hours earlier. 

But that nonexistent situation didn’t happen. 

Edited by Catrisk
  • Sad 1

Just now, HeliX said:

And the Government should have done a much better job of predicting the unpredictable weather!

Don't know how they got it so wrong at the airport met office...

...another £3million down the drain...wasted on putting in a bigger window and a brand new pair of binoculars. 

0af82fc8-6afd-4b26-ab4f-af56cb5fe7f2.5b9836bbd20915de994dd179af7235df.png

16 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Meteorology isn’t an exact science.

8619D1CC-E867-4882-868B-98A9C521E65E.webp

That just reminds us that there are at least 73 types of weather, and predicting which one will be dominant at any given time is a minelfield.

23 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

For context, buses have been cancelled between Ramsey and Douglas via Laxey due to poor conditions around Dhoon. Police are also apparently stopping traffic leaving Ramsey in that direction.

Bit of a nightmare to get Ramsey Grammar kids back to Laxey, for example. 

Especailly if they don't live in Laxey, little buggers must put up a helluva fight.

• Haha 3