The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

5 hours ago, 0bserver said:

There's no such thing as bad weather. Just poor tyre choices and inexperienced drivers.

There definitely is such a thing as bad weather and poor road conditions. It’s when it’s combined with wrong tyres and condition inexperienced drivers that problems arise. 

It's going to be a pretty nice day. I suppose people might be a little stuck if they live up Ronague or Little London or other out of the way higher up places, but the vast majority should be able to go about their business. I'd be surprised if they kept all the schools shut.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Everyone survive the night then? 

Woke up about 3:12 but it was too nice in bed to worry about the weather so I put my story back on and went to back sleep (story is about Queen Elizabeth I & is very very good - there was the plague, problems with economic migrants and plenty war…nothing changes in 500 years). Yesterday I had a nightmare about the devil and woke myself up in fear but that didn’t happen today, have just woken up and it’s quite snowy. I’ll have to walk to work but that’s fine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Did anyone else have a power outage last night? Was this Manx Utilities way of helping us save on our fuel bills? 😃

not sure to be honest, but still no satellite signal  ,  and the missus is stuck at home too, FFS i might have to listen to her.

• Haha 1

Just now, WTF said:

not sure to be honest, but still no satellite signal  ,  and the missus is stuck at home too, FFS i might have to listen to her.

Snow on the dish?

If it's snowing then that'll attenuate the signal.