The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's really nice out. Cold, but just lovely.

I'm making the effort today, only a couple of miles to travel, some trees need lifting and a couple of small ones felling. Plenty of old wood about, I'll have a big fire, ....................it's such a perfect day!

Edited by Hoops
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, WTF said:

not sure to be honest, but still no satellite signal  ,  and the missus is stuck at home too, FFS i might have to listen to her.

Get her up on the roof to sweep the snow off there and the dish. Tell her to make herself useful 🤭😂

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Lots of buses have resumed including promenade to port Erin including Colby so clearing quickly, no doubt all government offices will be closed 

Not ones to turn down a 4 day weekend opportunity are they? Not as if their jobs and livelihoods depend on it.

Wonder if anyone who chooses to cancel an appointment today will be added to the Manx Care stats?

Just now, CallMeCurious said:

Not ones to turn down a 4 day weekend opportunity are they? Not as if their jobs and livelihoods depend on it.

Wonder if anyone who chooses to cancel an appointment today will be added to the Manx Care stats?

They canceled this morning’s appointments yesterday but afternoon ones going ahead 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

It's going to be a pretty nice day. I suppose people might be a little stuck if they live up Ronague or Little London or other out of the way higher up places, but the vast majority should be able to go about their business. I'd be surprised if they kept all the schools shut.

Surprise!

After yesterdays anticlimax they've got to get a 'snow day'*otherwise they'll be in a foul mood, grumpy and unruly next week.

And so will the pupils.

* One more creeping Yankism

1 minute ago, Banker said:

They canceled this morning’s appointments yesterday but afternoon ones going ahead 

But also said they'll be reviewing conditions and another amber warning for this afternoon due to re-freezing and risk of black* ice.

* Really surprised they are allowed to call it that anymore with all of its negative connotations.