The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Someone will find something to complain about in that! 🤭

They were then drug wiped and hadn't had a spliff for days?

Didn't get planning permission for an igloo?

Edited by The Phantom

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

On the main roads?

When I said the word “promenade” I don’t really think I need to define the class of road I was talking about do you? But suffice to say most roads are passable in Douglas and certainly were when I was out again half an hour ago. I can’t understand how half the shops in town are still closed to be honest. Staff obviously couldn’t give a toss would be my guess. 

Whoever’s updating the airport arrivals information must be having the day off or smoking a joint. My daughter’s flight in, due at 14:55, is showing ‘on time’, but is not due to depart until 18:20 according to Liverpool’s website. 

We knew this about 10:30 this morning, why don’t the people at Ronaldsway?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Whoever’s updating the airport arrivals information must be having the day off or smoking a joint. My daughter’s flight in, due at 14:55, is showing ‘on time’, but is not due to depart until 18:20 according to Liverpool’s website. 

The new airport website is trash. Not kept up to date and not accurate. It also has a nice flaw in it where if a flight is delayed for many hours from the original departure time (say original flight was 8am, delayed until 4pm) it actually drops off the website totally before it's left!

27 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

When I said the word “promenade” I don’t really think I need to define the class of road I was talking about do you? But suffice to say most roads are passable in Douglas and certainly were when I was out again half an hour ago. I can’t understand how half the shops in town are still closed to be honest. Staff obviously couldn’t give a toss would be my guess. 

There was a massive difference just between Douglas and St Ninians.  Still snow on the paths and in the edges up at St Ninians. Douglas, all gone and dry now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Yep, this sort of thing happens every day.

No-one in the Airport Management Team gives a toss about doing the simple day-to-day things properly. They're much more interested in drawing up masterplans to build a new terminal, or fire station.

Generally, sites like www.flightradar24.com give more accurate information as they take feeds from flight plans filed. That said, even they seem to have lost track of your daughter's flight!

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

There was a massive difference just between Douglas and St Ninians.  Still snow on the paths and in the edges up at St Ninians. Douglas, all gone and dry now. 

To be honest I don’t see what most of the fuss is about before 9 o’clock I had workers in from Ramsey and Port Erin into Douglas who had managed to get into work on time. I managed to get in for 8AM in a RWD car without much effort. It’s just a great big skive where government has set an example for a great big skive yesterday. Hardly any coffee shops, sandwich shops, cafes or similar open today and a lot of retail shops closed. 

Edited by SuperHans
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

To be honest I don’t see what most of the fuss is about before 9 o’clock I had workers in from Ramsey and Port Erin into Douglas who had managed to get into work on time. I managed to get in for 8AM in a RWD car without much effort. It’s just a great big skive where government has set an example for a great big skive yesterday. Hardly any coffee shops, sandwich shops, cafes or similar open today and a lot of retail shops closed. 

He has a point.

There are not many people who couldn’t have got where they needed to be today if they had wanted to.

Obviously some people had to stay at home with kids but the number of places closed is a bit nuts.

The vehicle testing centre closed at 4 today due for the weather?  What’s that all about?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Still shows on time on the airport website! Pathetic.