The Great Snow of 2023

0bserver

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

The solution is that government deals with known issues. Not shuts down in advance just in case. No other employer or service provider is doing similar and just closing for the day just in case. 

But, if it's announced at 8am tomorrow they're closing, or, the schools kick all the kids out at 12 because it's bucketing down snow, everyone complains too. Suddenly everyone is dipping out of work to pick up little Suzie and Jimmy.

So which do you do?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So which do you do?

It doesn’t really matter. They have already decided to close. No other business or facility in the IOM has already decided to close. Nobody even knows how bad the weather will be tomorrow or not. 

Just now, SuperHans said:

It doesn’t really matter. They have already decided to close. No other business or facility in the IOM has already decided to close. Nobody even knows how bad the weather will be tomorrow or not. 

Someone has to make the decision first.

I imagine other businesses and facilities look to what schools are doing as a litmus test for the appropriate response.

Manx Care have cancelled all non-urgent appointments in the afternoon.

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

No other employer has to provide safe accomodation for everyone's children tomorrow.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Lots of government workers will be getting sledges etc out & upto creg etc in their 4x4s tomorrow!!

Bollocks!  Last time I was snowed in, I walked into work at Nobles - and plenty of my front line colleagues did the same. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I have.

• Like 2