Burn baby burn

Dirty Buggane

I've had a look at their website. They do emissions monitoring, although I don't know whether what they are reporting is a lot or not.

They also say they "generate 10% of the island’s electricity" and do not mention that they sell it elsewhere. It's around 100mw/h a day when its working. Set the graph to 90 days to see when it isn't.

Edited by TheTeapot

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I've had a look at their website. They do emissions monitoring, although I don't know whether what they are reporting is a lot or not.

They also say they "generate 10% of the island’s electricity" and do not mention that they sell it elsewhere. It's around 100mw/h a day when its working. Set the graph to 90 days to see when it isn't.

I would be interesting to know how much the MUA pay them for this 10%.

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Can you provide some evidence for this? Is there a link anywhere?

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Can you provide some evidence for this? Is there a link anywhere?

Can’t copy and paste all of it but info - some of which is below from net zero.im - having a senior moment but it’s all on there

44446266-2C38-4229-BE99-50FD1A5D1D58.png

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

I would be interesting to know how much the MUA pay them for this 10%.

Yeah, I've asked that before. I asked at the green centre in Douglas too, but no one there knew. Maybe I should ask Jason Moorehouse. He won't know either, but he might ask about it in Keys with the right prompting.

31 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

They haven't done the calculations yet. Difficult to do when the boat is going anyhow to transport other things off the island.

Funny there is not talk about the energy being used to transport things TO the island.

You also need to factor in things like contention for space on the boat, the cost of fuel and impact on fuel consumption of the additional cargo, local and onward transport of the recycling and more.

People have been talking about buy local for years. There’s a lot of Manx produce etc that’s advertised and sold. 

8 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

Can’t copy and paste all of it but info - some of which is below from net zero.im - having a senior moment but it’s all on there

44446266-2C38-4229-BE99-50FD1A5D1D58.png

That website is shit. But thanks

Edited by TheTeapot

35 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That website is shit. But thanks

I know. Why do we never get a straight answer from gov on all of this though? I mean why now in 2023 are they just superficially waking up to the issues?