Burn baby burn

Dirty Buggane

52 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

Can’t copy and paste all of it but info - some of which is below from net zero.im - having a senior moment but it’s all on there

44446266-2C38-4229-BE99-50FD1A5D1D58.png

That’s just a work stream discussion document, I don’t think it happens as I’m sure I heard them say recently it was used to heat NSC 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

The island should either introduce a plastic tax - or, perhaps more practically, find a way to charge people for disposing of waste plastic.

In general we should all be paying a much higher price for refuse. Whilst recycling is important, it is much more important to reduce waste.

And what would that way be?
Also don’t give them ideas of paying higher price for refuse. 
We’ve enough to cope with for the upcoming electricity increases. Especially OAPs 

• Like 2

Just now, forestboy said:

And what would that way be?
Also don’t give them ideas of paying higher price for refuse. 
We’ve enough to cope with for the upcoming electricity increases. Especially OAPs 

But you would not end up paying more - provided that you reduced the amount of refuse and especially plastic you buy. Which should be the aim (and  is largely a choice).

13 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

The island should either introduce a plastic tax - or, perhaps more practically, find a way to charge people for disposing of waste plastic.

In general we should all be paying a much higher price for refuse. Whilst recycling is important, it is much more important to reduce waste.

Sounds like a great idea!

images (34).jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Are you out of your mind? We already have some of the highest gate fees anywhere in Europe.

• Like 4

I believe they stopped testing the air quality around Douglas as the results would probley end up with the government neing brought up on pollution charges. Used to see the little tubes up on the lamp posts with sponges in that used to be collected for testing. Don't think the air scrubbers have worked for years and all test results are forged.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I've had a look at their website. They do emissions monitoring, although I don't know whether what they are reporting is a lot or not.

They also say they "generate 10% of the island’s electricity" and do not mention that they sell it elsewhere. It's around 100mw/h a day when its working. Set the graph to 90 days to see when it isn't.

They always quote 10% of the island's electricity but it has never been that much.

32 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

But you would not end up paying more - provided that you reduced the amount of refuse and especially plastic you buy. Which should be the aim (and  is largely a choice).

Cellophane wrapping weighs fuck all, though, so you could charge a million pounds a tonne and it'd make no difference.

Beyond that, I'm not sure where else plastic can realistically be reduced, unless they're going to start delivering my fabric softener and Vimto by tanker (hopefully not pre-mixed).

11 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I believe they stopped testing the air quality around Douglas as the results would probley end up with the government neing brought up on pollution charges. Used to see the little tubes up on the lamp posts with sponges in that used to be collected for testing. Don't think the air scrubbers have worked for years and all test results are forged.

That would explain a lot about the residents of the " city"

2 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Beyond that, I'm not sure where else plastic can realistically be reduced, unless they're going to start delivering my fabric softener .. by tanker

Household chemicals are increasingly becoming available as refills. Much less plastic. So you keep the bottle and reuse it.

(Though clearly fabric softener is completely unnecessary).