Scammers impersonating DBC staff

Catrisk

22 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I wonder if there's an equivalent to Moore's Law about how quickly an MF thread can go from (say) 'Do you like sugar on your banana sandwiches' to 'all MHKs are crap'.

You want the truth? You couldn't handle the truth...!

Would you have stood for 50% of the remuneration, you know, like public service is a reward in itself? 😁

22 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Would you have stood for 50% of the remuneration, you know, like public service is a reward in itself? 😁

I hate all that 'giving back to the community' shtick. I'd decided I fancied a last throw of the dice and a chance at something completely different, knowing that the salary was commensurate with the abuse I could expect. I think I must be due a pay rise...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

I wonder if there's an equivalent to Moore's Law about how quickly an MF thread can go from (say) 'Do you like sugar on your banana sandwiches' to 'all MHKs are crap'.

Sugar on banana sandwiches?  You savage. 

You forgot DOI.  It's either MHKs or them to blame. 

38 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I hate all that 'giving back to the community' shtick. I'd decided I fancied a last throw of the dice and a chance at something completely different, knowing that the salary was commensurate with the abuse I could expect. I think I must be due a pay rise...

Honestly, I don't think you get anymore abuse now than you did when you presented Talking Heads. 

48 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Is it only abuse you get on here though or does it happen elsewhere too? 

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:
2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Of course even if MHKs got 50% of current salary (ie 50% of £71,610 = £35,805)[1], they'd still be getting more than 50% of full-time Manx workers as the last published median figure was £31,876.

I would have though that anyone who had ever worked in a service industry would know that the less you are paid the more likely you are to get insulted.  Dickheads are much ruder to the waitress than the Company CEO, though the CEO is more likely to whinge about how what people say about them on social media.

[1]  I'm ignoring the extra £3,580 that Stu gets as Chair of the Post Office.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Yes, it is tedious. A thread about fraudsters phoning DBC tenants turns into irrelevant moaning.  The comments could be made on the other thread, if anywhere.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Because I am insufferably pedantic, can I point out that it's not Moore's Law you are thinking of, but Godwin's Law which asserts "that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison to Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1".  Not to be confused with the earlier Reductio ad Hitlerum.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Because I am insufferably pedantic, can I point out that it's not Moore's Law you are thinking of, but Godwin's Law which asserts "that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison to Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1".  Not to be confused with the earlier Reductio ad Hitlerum.

I was thinking of things accelerating at an exponential rate, but Godwin is just as valid.