work permits?

doc.fixit

16 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm already concerned about the indigenous population being subsumed by foreigners. After all, apparently we are now a minority.

The fact that the CM wants to swamp us even more is, from my viewpoint, absolutely disgraceful.

No thank you.

The island has been swarmed since the Viking periods with foreigners.

Why should it change now?

40 minutes ago, Cream Horn said:

So build more houses.

The purchase and rental markets are driven by supply and demand, but people moan when they try and do that as well.  People even moan when they try and do it on brownfield sites.  See the Westmorland Village thread.

33 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm already concerned about the indigenous population being subsumed by foreigners. After all, apparently we are now a minority.

The fact that the CM wants to swamp us even more is, from my viewpoint, absolutely disgraceful.

No thank you.

Why?

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

It doesn’t cost you £650PM to rent a one bed flat almost anywhere else in the north of England for a start. 

That’s absolute rubbish.

Rent over here normally includes rates. Do flats in England include Council Tax and the separate water rates in the rental price?

44 minutes ago, Ativa said:

That’s absolute rubbish.

Rent over here normally includes rates. Do flats in England include Council Tax and the separate water rates in the rental price?

To be fair. Rental usually includes rates pretty much everywhere. Not always. But usually. In my experience anyway. 

57 minutes ago, Ativa said:

So build more houses.

The purchase and rental markets are driven by supply and demand, but people moan when they try and do that as well.  People even moan when they try and do it on brownfield sites.  See the Westmorland Village thread.

Only the nursing home is brownfield, the rest the MDC have crept out of scope to buy privately owned land.

Proper brownfield development would be supported.

Also imposing stupid Ideas like 15 minute cities to justify lack of parking is greenist nonsense.

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yep . Can spot them a mile off

The assumption that a Daily Mail reader would know where the IOM actually is has to be as ridiculous as your posturing on here.

Why don't you give your arse a chance...?

6 hours ago, SuperHans said:

It doesn’t cost you £650PM to rent a one bed flat almost anywhere else in the north of England for a start. 

Assume that you do not include the council tax that the tenant has to pay when they rent across. 

The more deprived the location ( I.e cheaper rents )  the higher it is as there are less people paying it..

Most tenants here in the IOM don't have to pay the rates as the landlord usually pays it.

This also covers water and sewerage fews as well.

I helped a family member rent a flat in tye North of England and while the headline rent was lower than over here by around £200 , the council tax / water / sewerage etc ended up well over 100 odd pounds per month. Was close to £150 if I'm not wrong .

• Thanks 1