News of our death are greatly exaggerated

Amadeus

It seems someone is so angry about not being able to post angry rants on here anymore, they spoofed my email address and sent the below to the local media. Or maybe it’s the same person who sent the town hall one, I don’t know. I only found out after being asked for an interview.

Well, dear local media: gotta disappoint you, no such plans. Amazing though that someone would be so childishly insane to go through all this effort for nothing. Whoever you are, it might be time to get your head checked. Made me chuckle that someone would be so demented to do this :) 

E5F1DB33-668E-49E8-948C-1DF7CEB66796.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Wow. 

I mean, we know that poster is crazy, but that's a new level of crazy.

Remarkable similarity (in terms of circumstance) to the other email to the press about a meeting of DBC for a vote of confidence.  Very odd.

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Remarkable similarity (in terms of circumstance) to the other email to the press about a meeting of DBC for a vote of confidence.  Very odd.

Indeed they both sound like attention seeking scams though. Has Douglas Council been on a claiming the victim in the workplace course recently? They seem to do it well. 

43 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Indeed they both sound like attention seeking scams though. Has Douglas Council been on a claiming the victim in the workplace course recently? They seem to do it well. 

Don’t be coy - precisely what are you suggesting occurred here?

6 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Don’t be coy - precisely what are you suggesting occurred here?

It’s clear what I’ve said isn’t it? It looks like another Councillor playing the victim card just like Wells did. I asked whether they’d had some sort of internal course at town hall on victim claiming. Gladys is right Wells said a sort of similar thing and despite all the hubris I still haven’t read anything to say that she didn’t send the email Gladys referred to herself. The must have been months ago now. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

It’s clear what I’ve said isn’t it? It looks like another Councillor playing the victim card just like Wells did. I asked whether they’d had some sort of internal course at town hall on victim claiming. Gladys is right Wells said a sort of similar thing and despite all the hubris I still haven’t read anything to say that she didn’t send the email Gladys referred to herself. The must have been months ago now. 

I did not say that Claire Wells sent that email, but that the MO is similar. 

8 hours ago, SuperHans said:

To suggest I sent that to myself is beyond idiotic. Unlike you and some other people around here who take TeH iNtErNeTs way too seriously at times, I have better things to do than send totally nonsensical emails to the local media. What exactly would this achieve anyway? Some of you lot really really need to get a life, or at least a hobby. 

56 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Gladys is right Wells said a sort of similar thing and despite all the hubris I still haven’t read anything to say that she didn’t send the email Gladys referred to herself.

Gladys, how do you feel about being co-opted into this paranoid conspiracy theory?   

48 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Some of you lot really really need to get a life, or at least a hobby. 

What so I need to get a life just for offering an opinion? You seem to be protesting too much. Just like the other thread you seem to be making a lot of accusations when all that’s happening is that people are just disagreeing with you.

24 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

What so I need to get a life just for offering an opinion? You seem to be protesting too much. Just like the other thread you seem to be making a lot of accusations when all that’s happening is that people are just disagreeing with you.

It’s you who is making the insane accusations here. 

4 hours ago, Amadeus said:

It’s you who is making the insane accusations here. 

But I’m not am I? You really seem to be unable to deal with any alternative view expressed (a view not any form of accusation) without yourself making wild accusations and questioning peoples sanity. It’s not a good look. There’s plenty here skeptical of the motives of DBC and its members (although admittedly not many left as you just seem to ban posters who seem to go down that route). But you do seem to have had a lot of ‘scammers’ recently immediately after Ms Wells appeared to badly play the victim card when she failed to quell dissent over the bin issues.