Laxey in the Sea

x-in-man

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Exactly. Fecking great job, innit? £75k a year, as many fuck ups as you can make and no tab at the end of it. Zilch. Just a healthy pension if you can keep your cock-ups at arm's length for the duration.

Who are the mugs here, us or them?

You forgot the pay-off because he lost an election because he's old! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roxanne said:

What a situation. and now no-one seems to want to know - other than the two MHK's who seem pretty powerless up against government silence.

Apparently an engineer has been in and said the road above is safe.

Someone, in a digger, has caused this. That bank has been relatively stable for years. Even the removal of the old cafe saw the bank remain stable for the last year.

Again, what on earth did they think would happen when they started digging into the soil, vegetation and rock?

It's a tricky one. An MHK has a duty tomact for their constituents. However this could become a protracted civil dispute. Yes, if it was the DOI and their digger I agree. But was it. Was it another individual or business. 

I think an MHK has a duty to check the welfare of ther constituents (the residents) but what if the digger driver is a constituent as well. Over and above that there is not alot they can do. Unless I am missing something here. Which is quite possible.

The story is ,allegedly,  when permission was eventually given it came with various building conditions , drainage etc and allegedly these were possibly not carried out as laid down.   This is just what is on the grape vine and in no way am I endorsing this suggestion.   I foresee this being a mammoth civil case so it pays to be careful with any observations.   

• Like 2

On 3/21/2023 at 2:04 PM, cissolt said:

How can Boot get away with this one? His ego and negligence has caused two houses to become uninhabitable, we've just given him 30k and a gold plated pension.

Surely to God even on the IoM there must be some kind of accountability he can be held to.

4 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

How can Boot get away with this one? His ego and negligence has caused two houses to become uninhabitable, we've just given him 30k and a gold plated pension.

Surely to God even on the IoM there must be some kind of accountability he can be held to.

Lived here long?

• Haha 8

I watched a program on the telly with him in it - thinking he was the Ace in the sky, flying about in his private plane around. 

He looked clueless then - 

He was clueless when he was an MHK.

He is just as clueless now.

He fitted well in Tynwald.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Banker said:

He’s not an MHK anymore!!

True but surely something as serious as this, if it is true he overruled experts, means he’d still be liable?

13 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Fear not, the A-Team has arrived! Cannan will use his Canute-esque powers to persuade the landslip to go back up the cliff.

Nice to see two of them looking the wrong way.

Edited by Guest