DoI - More of the same

Passing Time

4 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Is this so that people working at Manx Utilities find it easier to cross the road on their way to do a spot of shopping at Eden Park.

I don't recall seeing queues of people trying to cross the road at that point.

It’s easy to cross the road, creating more work for contractors. Is the area an accident black spot?

another waste of money , ,  most people who use Robinsons or Eden park drive there   if they are serious about a crossing ,put a normal Zebra   without lights near the B and Q roundabout , with a refuge in the middle , all pelican crossings do is hold up traffic ,  

5 minutes ago, Omobono said:

another waste of money , ,  most people who use Robinsons or Eden park drive there   if they are serious about a crossing ,put a normal Zebra   without lights near the B and Q roundabout , with a refuge in the middle , all pelican crossings do is hold up traffic ,  

Well if you are right and no one crosses there (which they do btw) how will it hold up traffic? 

10 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Good idea.  

The thousand plus people who work at the business park will definitely walk to B&Q to walk back to Eden Park and Robinsons.

There will also be loads more people crossing up there when the rest of the Eden Park estate hopefully gets built soon.

Just now, Ativa said:

Good idea.  

The thousand plus people who work at the business park will definitely walk to B&Q to walk back to Eden Park and Robinsons.

There will also be loads more people crossing up there when the rest of the Eden Park estate hopefully gets built soon.

That's right there is planning for more and it's zoned for more development at both sides of the road. Seems like a good bit of forward planning to me. Chapeau to the good old DOI I say. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ativa said:

Have you seen the traffic that goes in and out of there?

Bus, loads of wagons, thousands of cars everyday.  Why should they all slow down and impact fuel economy and put wear on their vehicles every time they drive through there?

I wouldn’t trust a zebra anyway (not that they are allowed in a 40) visibility is not great over the rise and you have two entrances to contend with.

At just the wrong side of 50 and still fairly nimble I can break into a jog if needed.  Not everyone is so lucky.

I'm guessing that with lights in a 40mph zone is just as dangerous as a zebra in a 30mph zone (which is what I reckon it should be). Stopping distance for 40mph = 24M and 30mph  = 14M.

17 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Good idea.  

Well, if there's more footfall on the horizon it will probably get changed to a 30mph zone anyway, in which case only a zebra crossing is required.

• Like 2