QE2 and Peel castle evacuated, police on scene??

doc.fixit

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

The reality is that Energy FM and Matthew Cheetham have to take responsibility for their bigotry potentially causing the lives of children to be at risk. Not the original act of what they say happened, we now know didn't as they said it did.

This, this, and this again.

Cheetham sat there and lied through his arse on national TV, and caused all of this shit.

And much as I think Edge is useless, if she’d come out the day after and announced that the thing that was clearly bullshit was actually bullshit nobody would have believed her. So we have to have an investigation to discover that the thing that was clearly bullshit was actually bullshit.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Roxanne said:

This could have been handled by her and the CEO in a day and a clear message delivered to the public.

You think people would have accepted it if she’d said the day after that it was bollocks? I don’t, I think the usual headbangers would have been wanking on about a gOvErNmEnT cOnSpIrAcY for weeks afterwards.

This all starts with Cheetham deliberately making shit up.

• Like 3

Just now, Ringy Rose said:

You think people would have accepted it if she’d said the day after that it was bollocks? I don’t, I think the usual headbangers would have been wanking on about a gOvErNmEnT cOnSpIrAcY for weeks afterwards.

You're right, nobody would have believed her.

Matthew Cheetham is at the centre of the blame here and @John Wright tell me if there's any crime of inciting hate or such issues?

9 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Matthew Cheetham is at the centre of the blame here and @John Wright tell me if there's any crime of inciting hate or such issues?

I’d like to add Josem to the list of people to blame too, for stoking it up to pander to his far-right “libertarian” mates. And then doubled down on the coverup conspiracy when it was proven to be bollocks.

As for the email, it’s not literate enough to be a child. The only people who write like that are the far right EDL types, who also know how to use onionmail.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

But there are no hate crimes though.

Is inciting hate a thing? I hope not. Sounds like dodgy and arbitrary stuff to have a view on.

But even if there were, would we really want to criminalise this sort of thing? I wouldn't. Someone makes a claim like this and the natural and common sense thing is to provide the truth. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Even after the investigation there's the usual cover up etc being shouted. Unless they hear what they want that was always going to be the case

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

As for the email, it’s not literate enough to be a child. The only people who write like that are the far right EDL types, who also know how to use onionmail.

I've never heard of onionmail before. My first thought was it had something to do with The Onion. 

Is The Onion still a thing? Only I vaugely remember hearing about them being "cancelled". It's difficult to keep up. 

16 minutes ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

Is inciting hate a thing? I hope not. Sounds like dodgy and arbitrary stuff to have a view on.

But even if there were, would we really want to criminalise this sort of thing? I wouldn't. Someone makes a claim like this and the natural and common sense thing is to provide the truth. 

In England it’s the Incitement to Religious Hatred Act 2006 that adds to the provisions against inciting racial hatred.

“A person who uses threatening words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening... if he intends thereby to stir up religious hatred"

Cheetham et al haven’t done anything to cross the line of English law, let alone Manx law.

42 minutes ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

It's a bit like Trump and the riots, I guess.

If I go on the news and tell a lie about a company and their share price collapses, that's an offence. This should be no different.

One boy with his bogited views lauded up being on national TV and lied. The end result was a threat to the lives of Children and the people of Mann. It wouldn't surprise me if other issues happened in the future.

52 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

I think there were always people who would not accept it no matter what was said and by whom. 

What I do believe however is that if there had been a statement issued earlier then Nigel Farage et al. would not have been running their interviews or news reports and that they would have been on dodgy ground to do so after an official announcement, thereby not giving the hystericals an outlet for their nonsense. 

I would have preferred a 24 hour response from the headteacher tbh, but, as Roger has pointed out, once government gets involved it’s all taken out of the hands of the people at the coal face. 

Harry Galbraith wouldn’t have allowed this to happen - that’s for sure. Different days, different approaches. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Cheetham et al haven’t done anything to cross the line of English law, let alone Manx law.

I think that should have been obvious to anyone, no matter how much they disagreed with what these people have said and how they said it.

The absolutely amazing thing is that there are supposedly intelligent people shouting for them to be held responsible for what has happened. (And I'm looking at you particularly Mr Twitter man).

There's one thing worse than fascists on the right, and that's fascists on the left.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I think that should have been obvious to anyone, no matter how much they disagreed with what these people have said and how they said it.

The absolutely amazing thing is that there are supposedly intelligent people shouting for them to be held responsible for what has happened. (And I'm looking at you particularly Mr Twitter man).

There's one thing worse than fascists on the right, and that's fascists on the left.

To use modern parlance:

Chat shit, get banged. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The absolutely amazing thing is that there are supposedly intelligent people shouting for them to be held responsible for what has happened.

If you make shit up, there should be consequences. It goes far beyond opinion when you go on national TV and say something happened to your child when it provably did not happen to your child.

34 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

What I do believe however is that if there had been a statement issued earlier then Nigel Farage et al. would not have been running their interviews or news reports and that they would have been on dodgy ground to do so after an official announcement, thereby not giving the hystericals an outlet for their nonsense. 

Farage has made a career out of this, too quick a denial is a “cover up by the woke leftist elite”, and would have proudly been pasted as such on GBeebies.

I completely agree that people would say this anyway, but I think this is more a case of damned either way. 
I am annoyed at the cost of the independent report though, plenty of money to prove that the obvious bullshit is, indeed, bullshit.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

It's a bit like Trump and the riots, I guess.

If I go on the news and tell a lie about a company and their share price collapses, that's an offence. This should be no different.

One boy with his bogited views lauded up being on national TV and lied. The end result was a threat to the lives of Children and the people of Mann. It wouldn't surprise me if other issues happened in the future.

Inciting violence seems understandable.  Inciting hatred is another thing.  

Yet in the context of all of this whole drama, the most that might be said is that a lie is being used to suppress recognition of LGBT people and practices.  That's a really bad thing but it wouldn't be a direct action to incite hatred.  That would only be incidental if it arose.  

If you went on the news and lied about a company and their share prices dropped, would that be a crime? Maybe you're right. What's the law there? I'm inclined to think that shouldn't be a crime.