QE2 and Peel castle evacuated, police on scene??

doc.fixit

3 minutes ago, vikingdoom said:

My kids went to this school and there is no way they could make a bomb, they would have trouble boiling an egg. Another over reaction.

Unfortunately the police have to take threats like this seriously, however not sure if armed officers were needed 

9 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm a bit behind on this story...where was that statement posted? And what has Energy FM got to do with it, I can't see anything on any website referring to the above..

There is a picture of the message earlier in the thread. I have just transcribed the visible words.

13 hours ago, Ativa said:

Either way, if Energy hadn’t gone to press with a load of made up rubbish and if the island wasn’t inhabited by so many nobs who jumped on it without understanding what they were commenting on this wouldn’t have happened.

Its embarrassing for the island.

This is entirely down to Energy and a load of people with tiny little brains.

The issue here is Energy FM and idiots.  DESC would be wrong whatever they did.

12 hours ago, Ativa said:

None of those would have happened if energy hadn’t made that video.

Have they ever done a video like that before or since?

You’re doing that thing again. That thing where you keep repeating the same thing in the same thread. Be careful you don’t out yourself too soon. You’ve been doing pretty well up till now. 😘

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Apart from that there’s no doubt that the Energy interview was a car crash and should never have happened. 

But, the larger issue here is that Julie Edge, as Minister of the DESC is totally ineffectual in taking a stand against anything contentious. This could have been handled by her and the CEO in a day and a clear message delivered to the public. That she’s ineffectual in doing ‘the hard stuff’ and instead referred it to an external source so she didn’t have to, is what we should be concerned about. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thommo2010 said:

how would you know what is and isn't required? 

Quite, you can't take a threat seriously and then downgrade your response to it.  It has to be for the worst possible outcome.  I have no problem with a fulsome immediate response.  If they had turned up in their white helmets and truncheons it would have been laughable. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Apart from that there’s no doubt that the Energy interview was a car crash and should never have happened. 

But, the larger issue here is that Julie Edge, as Minister of the DESC is totally ineffectual in taking a stand against anything contentious. This could have been handled by her and the CEO in a day and a clear message delivered to the public. That she’s ineffectual in doing ‘the hard stuff’ and instead referred it to an external source so she didn’t have to, is what we should be concerned about. 

Whilst I agree I think the problem they had was the lapse in time from when this "incident" happened and when it started to get reported and grow legs.  If it had happened immediately after the session at the school then events would be fresh in everyone's minds.

It sounds like it was a non-event to anyone who was actually at the session and was hard to recall anything unusual. 

None of that justifies a bomb threat though.  It also doesn't make sense to be concerned over what children are being taught about sex and gender to then threaten to blow them up along with a largely deserted ruined fortification which has nothing at all to do with the school other than being in the same town! 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It was frustrating that a rebuttal could not have been made earlier but I can see why they wanted to ask a third party to investigate and can’t see that the public hysteria would have been quelled by a statement from the DESC. If you pick a random thread on here, look at the first 20 posters and ask if they would believe any statement put out by a government minister the day after an incident

• Like 2

JT and Energy taking some flak now eh. I don’t think he has ever made a secret of the fact he thinks the IOM is not fit to self govern. Whatever you think, he’s done a great job of generating traffic for his business with a side bonus of displaying how inept and easily manipulated the people at the top of our governmental structure are (again), to the backdrop of moronic mob shrieking on all sides. Spineless wasters in charge is the most concerning point proven by yet another embarrassing debacle. I bet JT’s probably laughing his cock off, booking another first class transatlantic ticket on the proceeds as we speak. He’s a sharp cookie.

33 minutes ago, Thomas Dalby said:

It was frustrating that a rebuttal could not have been made earlier but I can see why they wanted to ask a third party to investigate and can’t see that the public hysteria would have been quelled by a statement from the DESC. If you pick a random thread on here, look at the first 20 posters and ask if they would believe any statement put out by a government minister the day after an incident

That’s very true but I still believe there’s a degree of incompetence here and it’s being hidden behind an outside enquiry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1