MT Huge rises in tarrifs

Max Power

19 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

It's a great point. I'm guessing they haven't, and if and when they do they'll swallow any bollocks MT give them as to why the 12% rise is still necessary.

You would also think that if CURA are not onto this, then MR and the papers would be all over them and MT like a cheap suit. Wouldn't you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I made a very superficial search for costs:

MT fibre: average 29MB/s £57.60/month

Sure IoM fibre:  <100MB/s £25.63/month Edited: this is 1st 6 mnths, from then £51.25

BT UK fibre: average 74MB/s £35.99/month

It is confusing.

Edited by Two-lane

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

You finally did it Doc!  I'm delighted it all worked out.

ETA - what does it cost you per month now and how much date do you get for it?

Hi Roxy, 700 gb each. freecalls, messages etc. All far more data and usage than we ever use . £28 + £14 p/m, (one piggybacks off the main one)

Can have up to 4 additional folk.

Think I've got that right, there is a little leaflet that lays it all out. Its the 'standard' offering.

sister's and two neigbhours have been very pleased with it for the last few years.

No attachment to Sure just fed up with our existing provider and couldn't afford it anyway. 😎

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2023 at 10:53 PM, A fool and his money..... said:

It's a great point. I'm guessing they haven't, and if and when they do they'll swallow any bollocks MT give them as to why the 12% rise is still necessary.

The boss of CURA is neither weak nor stupid.

What CURA don’t really have is any teeth when it comes to telecommunications. Same way the OFT don’t have any teeth. I’m sure this purely coincidental.

• Like 1

I have to confirm this but a mate of mine switched to Sure and wasn't happy with the roaming arrangements. He does a lot of business travel all over the world and says that Manx telecom had better roaming  

I suppose a UK provider might be better than either either Sure or manx telecom for roaming arrangements

However it can be an issue if your only number is a UK mobile number 

EE for example made IOM as a roaming  destination last month and many here who had EE were suddenly cut off

I've heard of similar issues with 3 network right now .. Many are unable to make calls  and can only receive calls.