Positive business news

Ativa

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2023 at 3:22 PM, 2bees said:

I'm starting a new business next month :) I think it will be good. As soon as the logo is right I will tell you all about it. 

OK... erm, well soooo I did it, took leave of my senses, left my lovely boss and secure job and have started a little business with my friend. We are trying to help reduce single use plastic cups (and other things too) by hiring them out to events, so if you're thinking of having an event, that needs pint or half pint things, give us a call.  Islerecycle.im amazing website - totally homemade :) I will buy actual advertising on here when I can afford it xx 

Funny things happen, I did a "Like and share" thing on facebook, that went well... I don't need to read instructions, oh no, not me, I press go and everything works, or not as the case is when you make your competition only available in America! So much for reducing airmiles and such. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 2bees said:

OK... erm, well soooo I did it, took leave of my senses, left my lovely boss and secure job and have started a little business with my friend. We are trying to help reduce single use plastic cups (and other things too) by hiring them out to events, so if you're thinking of having an event, that needs pint or half pint things, give us a call.  Islerecycle.im amazing website - totally homemade :) I will buy actual advertising on here when I can afford it xx 

Funny things happen, I did a "Like and share" thing on facebook, that went well... I don't need to read instructions, oh no, not me, I press go and everything works, or not as the case is when you make your competition only available in America! So much for reducing airmiles and such. 

🤣The joys of FB marketing. You'll have lots more fun.

Sounds like an interesting little concept and I'm sure come the likes of these big festivals it could certainly be profitable.

There's a massive push on sustainability at the moment and there seems zero competition. When you think of the likes of the amount we've just gone through at TT, there certainly should be a market for it.

Best of luck with it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

Please don't forget me when you are famous.

Thank you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Hey Bees, seen these?

https://www.ball.com/aluminumcups

Yeah, thanks for the link, I’ve asked the “where are they made?” Question. We’ve been looking for something like that for wine but it’s difficult to maintain our sustainability standards (delivery miles & supporting the local economy wise) as a lot of these things are drop shipped and made in places a long long way away :) The plastic cups we have are made in UK, our bunting is made of mostly repurposed fabric, in fact I’m currently sewing and sewing in the garden - wfh happy days :)

4 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Yeah, thanks for the link, I’ve asked the “where are they made?” Question. We’ve been looking for something like that for wine but it’s difficult to maintain our sustainability standards (delivery miles & supporting the local economy wise) as a lot of these things are drop shipped and made in places a long long way away :) The plastic cups we have are made in UK, our bunting is made of mostly repurposed fabric, in fact I’m currently sewing and sewing in the garden - wfh happy days :)

I'm not entirely sure they're available this side of the atlantic yet, but I saw them a while back and thought oh that's a good idea, I hate drinking out of plastic glasses. I'd like to see them around. It might just be because I like drinking beer out of cans though. 

• Like 1

According to the website they have depots in the UK - wanna set up an aluminum can recycling plant? We’d probably have enough empties between us to make it work 😂 (I do love to give myself bad publicity, my recycling bins are full of yoghurt pots and sausage trays, suppose yours are too- sorry)

Where can we get rid of /re-cycle/sell aluminium cans? I crush and save them and now have a large bin bag full......( I just wanted to make a can crusher really but it works so well and the younger g/kids have fun every time they visit crushing cans) 😎

• Like 1

Some days I have cooked sausages for breakfast, other days I have yoghurt and granola (the Spoon one with pecans and coconut) & then there’s the other times when I get crazy and shake open yoghurt pots all over my back passage 😳 

• Like 1