Positive business news

Ativa

10 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Some days I have cooked sausages for breakfast, other days I have yoghurt and granola (the Spoon one with pecans and coconut) & then there’s the other times when I get crazy and shake open yoghurt pots all over my back passage 😳 

which reminds me of a story.... a drinking acquaintance of mine who I met in one of the Stan countries (former USSR) admitted to me over a beer late one night that he'd caught the clap. When I asked if he'd been to see the MO he said, "no, one of the locals suggested it would clear up if I used some of this Kefir stuff" (I was familiar with Kefir from a couple trips to Turkey). So I asked him how many bottles of Kefir he needed to drink to contain the clap? There was a fairly long pause and then he said, "you're supposed to drink it?" 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Too much information - for me, at least…

Lol! I meant it literally- my fridge is out in the back passage, where the coal bunker used to be. Last week I shook an open yoghurt- Im still clearing it up! 

4 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Where can we get rid of /re-cycle/sell aluminium cans? I crush and save them and now have a large bin bag full......( I just wanted to make a can crusher really but it works so well and the younger g/kids have fun every time they visit crushing cans) 

"Aluminium is an infinitely recyclable material, and it takes up to 95 percent less energy to recycle it than to produce primary aluminum, which also limits emissions, including greenhouse gases. Today, about 75 percent of all aluminum produced in history, nearly a billion tons, is still in use."

What one gets to know because of ManxForums.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 2bees said:

I did a "Like and share" thing on facebook, that went well... I don't need to read instructions, oh no, not me, I press go and everything works, or not as the case is when you make your competition only available in America! So much for reducing airmiles and such. 

Hey.  Good luck with the new venture.

This is genuine advice and not a dig.

DO NOT run like and share competitions.

Firstly, while giving an initial boost in likes and followers they can have a negative impact on your future organic reach.

Secondly, they are a direct breach of Facebook T&C’s and they could remove you page and all the work you have done building it if they get wind of it.

That is not to say people don’t get away with it, but there are a couple of links below you might want to read.

Good luck

https://www.easypromosapp.com/blog/en/facebook-competition-rules/

https://www.ccdigital.co.uk/blog/are-like-and-share-competitions-allowed-on-facebook?format=amp

10 hours ago, 2bees said:

Islerecycle.im

The 5 R's of waste management in descending order Refuse > Reduce > Reuse, > Repurpose and if you can't do that Recycle...  You are offereing a reuse service not a recycling service although I get it most people are thick so who cares it sounds sorta green.

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

The 5 R's of waste management in descending order Refuse > Reduce > Reuse, > Repurpose and if you can't do that Recycle...  You are offereing a reuse service not a recycling service although I get it most people are thick so who cares it sounds sorta green.

Our bunting is made from off cuts and repurposed materials but you’re right, maybe isle reuse would have worked better - ah well, the original plan was much bigger but then other things happened and as ever, it is what it is.

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

You tell ‘er, Vibo - the nerve of some people, offering a reuse service and calling it a recycle service.   And as for most people, well, what can you do with ‘em?   Lucky you’re not “most people”, eh? 🙂

8 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

You tell ‘er, Vibo - the nerve of some people, offering a reuse service and calling it a recycle service.   And as for most people, well, what can you do with ‘em?   Lucky you’re not “most people”, eh? 🙂

Hi Isle Recycle, can you recycle my stuff? No we don't do recycling.

How you get through a day is amazing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, I’m not a self-proclaimed expert in “green” semantics and semiotics - but I seem to manage…🙂

But its not really semantics is it yer thicko, It's like setting up a car rental firm, and calling it IsleScrapyourcar.im. 

40 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

But its not really semantics is it yer thicko, It's like setting up a car rental firm, and calling it IsleScrapyourcar.im

Well, you’re the expert…and as a “thicko”, maybe I’ve shown that “most people” wouldn’t be too concerned by your semantic pedantry - I think we can get the idea.

FWIW, I was very interested and pleased to hear about @2beesbusiness venture being up and running - and I hope it succeeds, despite the “hammer blow” of your expert view on the chosen name.   Nice to see some positive business news at the moment…

Edited by Jarndyce
Fixed the @
  • Like 2