Okells

kevster

59 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No more or less in wetherspoons than anywhere else I agree. 

It’s very subjective of course.

If it was of a level and volume that was  offensive to any ladies present then as far as I’m concerned that crosses a line. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It’s very subjective of course.

If it was of a level and volume that was  offensive to any ladies present then as far as I’m concerned that crosses a line. 

The ladies should have their smelling salts with them. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, P.K. said:

@Ativa

Well, I judged Peter Sutcliffe as a psychopathic monster for murdering 13 women.

You don't agree then...?

Ativa is just a Chat GPT troll that is programmed to come up with an angry counter argument to any argument it scrapes of another poster. It’s relentless.

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2023 at 2:39 PM, Passing Time said:

From memory, slop tray for bitter used to be filtered back into the mild barrels. Seemed to be a common practice years ago. 

At least it was filtered. I remember seeing a slop tray used to top up a pint in the early hours in a popular Victoria Street establishment which isn't the nags head 

Bit of talk earlier in the thread about wetherspoons preying in the vulnerable. Has anyone been in a local spar shop recently? Notice many of them are in locations that vulnerable people live and the prices in there are extortionate. Same item can be bought in shoprite or a independent store for generally £1 less (apart from milk, bread etc). It's absolutely mad and I try to avoid buying anything there where I can 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Hooly said:

At least it was filtered. I remember seeing a slop tray used to top up a pint in the early hours in a popular Victoria Street establishment which isn't the nags head 

Bit of talk earlier in the thread about wetherspoons preying in the vulnerable. Has anyone been in a local spar shop recently? Notice many of them are in locations that vulnerable people live and the prices in there are extortionate. Same item can be bought in shoprite or a independent store for generally £1 less (apart from milk, bread etc). It's absolutely mad and I try to avoid buying anything there where I can 

It's called a convenience store remember

If it is true that Okells is planning a large price rise, they can count me out. I have always been a supporter of local pubs and businesses, but many pubs are already beyond £5.00 for a pint of lager, or a beer token as I call it. However, I will just drink at home for far less than half the price. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cambon said:

If it is true that Okells is planning a large price rise, they can count me out. I have always been a supporter of local pubs and businesses, but many pubs are already beyond £5.00 for a pint of lager, or a beer token as I call it. However, I will just drink at home for far less than half the price. 

It's more like a seventh ie 18 can for £13 in Tesco.

23 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I think many will join you, the pubs are always empty mid week, most shut on Mon and Tues I expect most will shut Mon-Thurs after the price rise and H+B will sell out if they can sooner or later, or just get rid of Pubs and Brewing