Okells

kevster

13 minutes ago, Ativa said:

I don’t believe you, but anyway.

Not sure what more you expect for the price to be honest?

Its good in there, and a completely different menu to anywhere else when people always accuse them of all being the same.

Why ask a question then say I don’t believe you? Do you want me to scan the receipt? For the price frankly I’d go next door to Mrs Yangs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

You might as well be on benefits in a corpy house where everything is taken care of for you. 

On benefits in a corpy house where everything is taken care of for you? You're fucking dreaming. You've obviously no idea how difficult it is to survive on benefits.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Okells has no intrest in the pub trade, it is a nuisance it is handy to say to government look at the people we employ. Mainly casual labour, Managers (dogsbody's just above minimal wage with a name badge) which are mainly kids no interest in how the pub is doing get paid the same whether full or empty. More interest in the spar outlets and haulage firm, still trying to shit on anyone who buys an expub with illegal caveats about use. All went down hill when tenancies stopped. Just keep increasing prices till they brake the camels back fold company

Don't they have lots of gaming machines bringing in income?

2 hours ago, Banker said:

everyone wants subsidies for everything but no one gives details of how it should be funded!!

A small amount of corporation tax - set at a very low percentage and taking into account a ratio of how many people are employed locally : profits. Such that a company employing relative few but making significant profits would be taxed at a higher rate than a company employing many more relative to profits. But the rate set low enough that there would be negligible incentive to relocate. And no small local company would ever even hit the threshold. 

Basically a small amount of tax on very profitable companies.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, genericUserName said:

A small amount of corporation tax - set at a very low percentage and taking into account a ratio of how many people are employed locally : profits. Such that a company employing relative few but making significant profits would be taxed at a higher rate than a company employing many more relative to profits. But the rate set low enough that there would be negligible incentive to relocate. And no small local company would ever even hit the threshold. 

Basically a small amount of tax on very profitable companies.

To subsidise ones that otherwise would survive?  No thanks

4 minutes ago, Ativa said:

To subsidise ones that otherwise would survive?  No thanks

To subsidise the huge cost of living increases in general. Yes please.

Why would anyone oppose that? Why would very profitable companies not want to contribute a little back into the society?

Edited by genericUserName
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Why would anyone oppose that? Why would very profitable companies not want to contribute a little back into the society?

Not the culture since about 1980...greed is good, there is no such thing as society.

It will take a long time to turn this ship around.

• Like 1

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Not the culture since about 1980...greed is good, there is no such thing as society.

It will take a long time to turn this ship around.

I believe that the zero rate was introduced as recently as 2006. IIRC that forced our competitors to do similar. 

I am not opposed to competitive taxation.

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

Perhaps some will be expecting IOMG to give the brewery a nice handout? 

You can bet your bottom dollar in that particular conversation has already taken place. A certain construction demolition company used to have work created for it in order to prevent owner putting people out of work

27 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

I believe that the zero rate was introduced as recently as 2006. IIRC that forced our competitors to do similar. 

I am not opposed to competitive taxation.

I'm going back a long way before 2006. The good Margaret set us on the course that leaves us heading towards the present reef...albeit that IoM lags about 20 years behind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

In the Bridge this afternoon. It was undeniably average. 

I used to go there quite often for lunch and then they refocused from a fishy type menu  onto this Bella Pizza crap adopted by many H & B pubs.

I am not unhappy with an average pub lunch if I’m paying average pub lunch type prices.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I used to go there quite often for lunch and then they refocused from a fishy type menu  onto this Bella Pizza crap adopted by many H & B pubs.

I am not unhappy with an average pub lunch if I’m paying average pub lunch type prices.

It’s the price as you say. Had lunch in the Bridge the new Portuguese guy behind the bar seems to be a nice guy. But the food was decidedly average and over priced. Two large glasses of wine were over £20. Then went on to Mrs Yangs for tea. A good bottle of NZ SVB wine was £5 more than two glasses of decidedly average wine in the Bridge and the food was in line with a premium over the Bridge for a much better presented meal and much better service experience and surroundings. 

Edited by offshoremanxman

12 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s the price as you say. Had lunch in the Bridge the new Portuguese guy behind the bar seems to be a nice guy. But the food was decidedly average and over priced. Two large glasses of wine were over £20. Then went on to Mrs Yangs for tea. A good bottle of NZ SVB wine was £5 more than two glasses of decidedly average wine in the Bridge and the food was in line with a premium over the Bridge for a much better presented meal and much better service experience and surroundings. 

Blimey lunch then immediately you go for tea, like your food then, obviously not H+B stuff though