Okells

kevster

3 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

Another one looks like about to change hands, brewery giving up on the royal George in a Ramsey. Another step in moving away from been a hospitality company into a property company, which is probably a good thing 

It closed for good before the MGP. Hasn't seen a lick of paint in years and looks awful. The old Saddle directly opposite has been empty for about ten years. The Brewery has empty properties all over the Island and no one seems to be able to do anything about it. That's how the Island works folks.

47 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The old Saddle directly opposite has been empty for about ten years.

Unless I'm misinformed The Saddle/Nightlife was sold to Feltons some time ago. That's the only reason the exterior was painted recently as the brewery wouldn't have done it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It closed for good before the MGP. Hasn't seen a lick of paint in years and looks awful. The old Saddle directly opposite has been empty for about ten years. The Brewery has empty properties all over the Island and no one seems to be able to do anything about it. That's how the Island works folks.

It's the landlady from there that has taken over The Central too, no?

5 minutes ago, VikingRaider said:

Unless I'm misinformed The Saddle/Nightlife was sold to Feltons some time ago. That's the only reason the exterior was painted recently as the brewery wouldn't have done it.

You aren't misinformed. 

1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Thanks for that. I wonder what Feltons want to do with it ? They've got a huge shop already. Will they sell it on or develop it themselves ? At least it's been painted... 

I don’t know when they purchased it, but planning was approved in 2019 for retail on ground floor and five apartments above.

30 minutes ago, Banker said:

So what exactly is happening between the 2 ?

Lots of rumours over recent months of the brewery leasing a couple of sites to Jaks.  No idea how true they are, but The Royal in Ramsey has been mentioned after closing a week or so ago, as has The Highwayman in Peel.

They have obviously leased the Barbary Coast from them for years already.

• Like 1