Okells

kevster

There are a helluva lot of empty pubs going derelict and presumably not earmarked for refurbishment in the current economic climate so more brownfield sites waiting for government subsidy to develop. Then of course there'kll be the usual 'Archibald Knox took a dump there once' crwod will insist on preserving it.

Seems a bit shadey that you can exclude competiton from buying a property with the intention of running it as a going concern. But if it is legal then why not.

Sadly, just creates even more dead spots in towns for decades to come.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

And £15 for a cheese burger which is more expensive than the Forge where you get a huge freshly cooked burger with all the trimmings that’s almost too big to eat. 

And now I am going to have to do a brewery one and then The Forge so I can do a comparison and a review on value.

Already booked in place for tomorrow and Sunday, so give me until Monday.

3 hours ago, Ativa said:

And now I am going to have to do a brewery one and then The Forge so I can do a comparison and a review on value.

Already booked in place for tomorrow and Sunday, so give me until Monday.

Strange as you can’t actually book at the Forge unless your party is 6 people or more as they don’t take bookings. And again I’m just telling you my opinion having eaten in the Bridge today. It wasn’t good. I’m not really that bothered what your Egon Roney assessment will be to be fair either as you’re clearly totally biased towards the brewery as demonstrated by everything you’ve said above. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Strange as you can’t actually book at the Forge unless your party is 6 people or more as they don’t take bookings. And again I’m just telling you my opinion having eaten in the Bridge today. It wasn’t good. I’m not really that bothered what your Egon Roney assessment will be to be fair either as you’re clearly totally biased towards the brewery as demonstrated by everything you’ve said above. 

Have you been on a long holiday as your bullshit rubbish has been missing for a while 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Have you been on a long holiday as your bullshit rubbish has been missing for a while 😂

What’s bullshit? The Forge is a walk in restaurant so I’m wondering how they manage to book a meal for this weekend to test a burger. You only have to book for parties of 8 or more.

https://www.theforge.im/about-us/booking/

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

What’s bullshit? The Forge is a walk in restaurant so I’m wondering how they manage to book a meal for this weekend to test a burger. You only have to book for parties of 8 or more.

https://www.theforge.im/about-us/booking/

Who said anything about booking the forge?  What are you on about?

And I am not biased towards anywhere .  I love the Forge and The Abbey and have a lot at time for Sarah and her husband whose name I always forget (Ari? Ati?) apologies for not remembering but he is an excellent host and runs a great restaurant.  

Edited by Ativa
  • Haha 1