Okells

kevster

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm hearing bitter is going up over a quid carling up 45p. 

If it's true, it'll be the death knell for even more pubs over here. One might wonder if there are similar rises being implemented in the UK?

7 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Just seen a sponsored add on Fartface for Okells

It's not gone down too well.

Like Bud Light maybe they’ll be hiring a famous Manx tranny yet to push the brand and then they’ll have half of Peel shooting crates of Okells with shotguns in disgust. 

31 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

If it's true, it'll be the death knell for even more pubs over here. One might wonder if there are similar rises being implemented in the UK?

I'm now paying £5.60 for a pint of Thatcher's cider. An IPA is £6, St. Austell's Proper Job £5.60.

In my case I'm probably paying for the location next to the sea. Was rammed yesterday (Good Friday).

2 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

I'm now paying £5.60 for a pint of Thatcher's cider. An IPA is £6, St. Austell's Proper Job £5.60.

In my case I'm probably paying for the location next to the sea. Was rammed yesterday (Good Friday).

If only H&B has pubs by the sea and on quaysides maybe they would flourish lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

If only H&B has pubs by the sea and on quaysides maybe they would flourish lol

Just FWIW the food at the pub is superb, fish & chips to die for. Full every evening from now until late October.

A 30% rise confirmed by my friendly local landlord who I've just bumped into, as notified to them by the brewery.

I'm just trying to project forward a bit wondering what life is going to be like here in the near and medium future, people scared to put their heating on, scared to use their lights, cookers, washing machines and hoovers, further hobbled by big hikes in Govt taxes and charges and even drowning the sorrows becoming a gold-plated luxury. Not an attractive picture.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

A 30% rise confirmed by my friendly local landlord who I've just bumped into, as notified to them by the brewery.

I'm just trying to project forward a bit wondering what life is going to be like here in the near and medium future, people scared to put their heating on, scared to use their lights, cookers, washing machines and hoovers, further hobbled by big hikes in Govt taxes and charges and even drowning the sorrows becoming a gold-plated luxury. Not an attractive picture.

Just drink less, better for you. If determined to drink then home brew's an option.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I did say BIG in my opening post!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It’s already happening. I was talking to a relative on a modest pension yesterday. Just had their gas bill that’s normally around £350, was £900 this time round so basically now using their savings to keep warm. Rates gone up by around £100 too and concerned what the MUA is going to deliver for electricity. This inflation is just stealing wealth off people. What are they going to do when their modest savings have all been spent just keeping warm?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

It would make their own beer a lot dearer than the guest beers. I'm not convinced. 30% price rise?

As I say I'm certainly not in the know but the person that told me knows people in the industry so no reason to disbelieve him and he's been right before 

43 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Same as everywhere else then