Sewage treatment plant Laxey

Banker

11 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Seems sending it back down the hill when treated will generate much of the electricity needed to pump it up in the first place.

Or so they claim.

Should do. This has to be the best option for the long term.

39 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Seems sending it back down the hill when treated will generate much of the electricity needed to pump it up in the first place.

Or so they claim.

Some of the electricity. I reckon about 50 to 60% is the best they can hope to get. The turbines themselves are about 80% efficient. But then you have to subtract losses in the pipe (friction). 

I wonder where the turbine will be. The best location is at the lowest point just before it discharges.....which is where I wonder

The whole thing is madness when you consider they could have jus built it in Laxey. Money to burn it seems

29 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Some of the electricity. I reckon about 50 to 60% is the best they can hope to get. The turbines themselves are about 80% efficient. But then you have to subtract losses in the pipe (friction). 

I wonder where the turbine will be. The best location is at the lowest point just before it discharges.....which is where I wonder

The whole thing is madness when you consider they could have jus built it in Laxey. Money to burn it seems

Ask Daphne what she thinks off all the thousands (poss even tens of thousands) of extra tonnes of CO2 this will create!

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It is much more cost and time efficient to get heavy plant and HGVs in and out of an out of town site than into Laxey.  

The site chosen will be much cheaper to build on than one in the village

18 minutes ago, Ativa said:

It is much more cost and time efficient to get heavy plant and HGVs in and out of an out of town site than into Laxey.  

The site chosen will be much cheaper to build on than one in the village

You think its going to be easier to get heavy plant and HGVs to that location. Have you ever driven up there?

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You think its going to be easier to get heavy plant and HGVs to that location. Have you ever driven up there?

Yes.  In an 8 legger, a car, a van and a pickup.

They will obviously make sure wagons can get in and out.

Have you ever driven an HGV through Laxey?  Where are you suggesting it should be located instead?