Fluoride

hissingsid

2 hours ago, snowman said:

I do

I don't.

I'd prefer it if children ate less sugar.

Fluoride in the water is one of those typical responses where a chemical solution is suggested to deal with the symptoms of an issue rather than dealing with the issue at its source.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I don't.

Didn't we have a sugar tax imposed on soft drinks to try to alleviate that and assist in funding dental care? Suggested and driven by a distinctly rotund MHK IIRC?

I wonder where the revenue for that went as it still takes months to get into a dentist.

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I don't.

Fluoride in the water is one of those typical responses where a chemical solution is suggested to deal with the symptoms of an issue rather than dealing with the issue at its source.

Seatbelts.

I'd prefer it if people could drive on Manx roads safely.

cant understand it , years ago we had a children's dental service , regular checks in schools ,  2 dental chairs at Ballakermeen   , I know one Pharmacy chain who offered to provide  free of charge  toothbrushes and paste to all primary school children  so they could be shown the proper way  to clean and take care of their teeth ,  the department at the time refused the offer ,

its almost impossible to get an NHS dentist   and I see Manx Care are talking about charging for GP and outpatients  appointments ,  just what is happening to this once well run  and beautiful Island   we have civil servants and government employees coming out of our ears ,and the weight of bureaucracy  is dragging this Island down  to a level where its becoming impossible  to have any quality of life anymore  or see a future for the place 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I don't.

It works. It works unbelievably. I'm with you though. Its incredibly expensive and hardly anyone does it anymore

https://cdn.dwi.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/11170837/Flouride-Map.pdf

• Like 1