Fluoride

hissingsid

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

So AC use fluoride toothpaste there is absolutely no need to add it to the drinking water.

The bit you’re missing is that, much like transformers or power rangers, if you combine the two, you get a better result.

Fluoridated water and fluoridated toothpaste brings you more benefits than just the toothpaste.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Cambon said:

No. I am over 60 and still have all my teeth except for one crown, but that was nothing to do with decay. I have never lived in a fluoridated area. One time treatment. 

And you never brushed your teeth in 60 years? One off treatment. I'm sorry but I dont believe this to be true. 'One off' treatments last a few months. The coating wears off. How could you imagine anything different. 

you only have to see how many people buy bottled water in the Isle of Man now ,  we used to pride ourselves on the quality of Manx water , free from chemicals , soft  and refreshing , all that will happen is the supermarkets will import more plastic bottles of water , fluoride is available with many toothpastes  and it should be an individuals choice , I don't want my food cooked in  this dangerous  chemical 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The bit you’re missing is that, much like transformers or power rangers, if you combine the two, you get a better result.

Fluoridated water and fluoridated toothpaste brings you more benefits than just the toothpaste.

Whilst technically correct, I bet the measurable effects on tooth quality for 2x brushings per day vs 2x brushings per day plus fluoridated water are indistinguishable.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Omobono said:

you only have to see how many people buy bottled water in the Isle of Man now ,  we used to pride ourselves on the quality of Manx water , free from chemicals , soft  and refreshing , all that will happen is the supermarkets will import more plastic bottles of water , fluoride is available with many toothpastes  and it should be an individuals choice , I don't want my food cooked in  this dangerous  chemical 

Hydric acid is the one you really want to watch out for.

It’s caustic, causes burns, it oxidises metal, inhalation can cause death.

Used everywhere from industrial processes to nuclear reactors to enhancing athletic performance. It even acts as a fire retardant.

Yet you’ll even find it in the bottled water. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Hydric acid is the one you really want to watch out for.

It’s caustic, causes burns, it oxidises metal, inhalation can cause death.

Used everywhere from industrial processes to nuclear reactors to enhancing athletic performance. It even acts as a fire retardant.

Yet you’ll even find it in the bottled water. 

You are being silly. Don't know if it's tongue in cheek or ignorance. 

Hydric acid is water. Bit it's not caustic, it doesn't cause burns etc etc

Nothing to do with fluoride.