Fluoride

hissingsid

44 minutes ago, woolley said:

This is where this nonsense has emerged from. Lifted directly from (or perhaps imposed, who knows?) from legislation in London. It doesn't matter how many times we say stick it where the sun don't shine, they keep bringing it back:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-and-care-bill-factsheets/health-and-care-bill-water-fluoridation

As is pointed out in your link, fluoridation has been the norm in Birmingham for example, since 1964.

This new act seems more about streamlining bureaucracy, rather than some underhanded attempt to fluoridate.

So how much has it cost to bring this fluoride expert over here ?    The facts regarding fluoridation can be obtained from the internet.    Water from different districts is non comparable and the quality of our water is good to drink , good to wash in etc I have never had quantities of lime scale in my kettle which occurs in hard water areas.    There must be someone in Government that does not have enough to occupy themselves with.   Why should the general public be subjected to additives because some parents have neither the time or inclination to supervise their young children whilst they clean their teeth.    I already have fluoride in my toothpaste if you want fluoride buy toothpaste with it included.  This is a time wasting excercise.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

So how much has it cost to bring this fluoride expert over here ?    The facts regarding fluoridation can be obtained from the internet.    Water from different districts is non comparable and the quality of our water is good to drink , good to wash in etc I have never had quantities of lime scale in my kettle which occurs in hard water areas.    There must be someone in Government that does not have enough to occupy themselves with.   Why should the general public be subjected to additives because some parents have neither the time or inclination to supervise their young children whilst they clean their teeth.    I already have fluoride in my toothpaste if you want fluoride buy toothpaste with it included.  This is a time wasting excercise.

Is he here or interviewed remotely?

On 4/14/2023 at 6:38 PM, cissolt said:

17% of 5 year olds have tooth decay, how many 5 year olds is that?  And we are 'treating' 85000 people?

Get better recruitment agencies to hire dentists and reinstate school dentists.  Sack a few civil servants to pay for it.

Preschool and primary targeted action would be money better spent.

Is this another dead cat story?

How about give the school dentist a bonus for each tooth they filled or took out (but don't take the teeth out without filling them a few times first - ££££s).

Our school dentist had a fancy sports car and a big fuck off house on Bradda Head and took world cruises.

I've got a head full of fillings and gaps where healthy teeth were taken out because of "overcrowding".

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

How about give the school dentist a bonus for each tooth they filled or took out (but don't take the teeth out without filling them a few times first - ££££s).

Our school dentist had a fancy sports car and a big fuck off house on Bradda Head and took world cruises.

I've got a head full of fillings and gaps where healthy teeth were taken out because of "overcrowding".

My school dentist "retired" to South Africa, although I'm more inclined to believe that he was offered a position in interrogation for the South African Secret Police...

• 4 weeks later...

When the new water purification plant was built up by the college the fluoridation machinery was purchased and fitted much to the surprise of people who new. As we had not long had a modertorium on the fluoride additive and had been kicked out yet again, they kept it quite as I imagine it was non to cheap. But in them there days we were awash with money, so it has been sitting there kicking its heels quietly, it is not like you just have to throw a bucket full of fluoride into the reservoir. This is a poison that has to be precisely measured and considering it will be the MUA running the plant forgive me if I have some misgivings and as stated before what is 17% of 5 year old children in a population  of 81,000.

By that age I would imagine all must be attending school so precise numbers must be easy to hand or is that why the percentage has been used. Fag packet workings, around 782 children at 5 yrs 17%=131. So dose 81,000 to save 131, bit like king Herod not sure which kid to kill but if we go for all the under two's we should get him.   

On 4/15/2023 at 12:12 AM, AcousticallyChallenged said:

As is pointed out in your link, fluoridation has been the norm in Birmingham for example, since 1964.

This new act seems more about streamlining bureaucracy, rather than some underhanded attempt to fluoridate.

so whats tooth decay numbers  like in birmingham compared to here ?